ET DemoView Edition - Enemy Territory Software

SunLight

Already expressed my views on this to Sunlight privately but still, I just want to point out just how damn sexy this is.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Already expressed my views on this to Sunlight privately but still, I just want to point out just how damn sexy this is.

thank you :P

I already have version 1.1, but I will test it for a while before releasing it...

here is the changelog from this one (1.0):

- added /demo_listplayers /demo_follow /demo_followoff commands, to watch the demo from another player's point of view in all mods

- unlagger rewritten from scratch, to fix some bugs in the way it handled player entities

- fixed/improved some minor things

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Indeed useful tool, it works!

Now we can rewind the demo by absolute timeframe without re-playing the demo and adjusting timescale, saves time and effort. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey sunLight - do you know if demo's log the current console contents or not?

Eg: I join a server, have a long convo, then do /record... When I view the demo, console only shows things after I started recording.. Does the demo actually capture the console contents from before /record or not? If so, could you incorporate it? It would be very handy for a particular demo I have, to see the console content at the point where the person who recorded it typed /record.. I need to see what he saw at the time.

Hey Sunlight, could there be a chance that the demo filename can be showed also from the top line.

For ex. Recording a player multiple times and playing those demos for couple of hours might create confusion on which demo file the player cheated, or on that point of definitive cheat timeframe, we can identify which demo file must be attached coz during those times of playing demo files, there are reality breaks and once you get back watching the demo, that moment tends to forget/confuse which demo file had been played or playing, atleast for my case. I know we just need to hit up arrow from the console but well just a thought for more convenience. But thanks, great tool!

Amaizing add to my software bro...realy a nice work from you

i never imagine you were such a geek xD

jkng :P

for real realy amaizing thx for partage whit us ;)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Hey sunLight - do you know if demo's log the current console contents or not?

Unluckily you can't see what's there before you recorded. Only the stream of server commands goes in the demo, so you will have all the chat lines, pms etc. but only starting from the moment you /record

Hey Sunlight, could there be a chance that the demo filename can be showed also from the top line.

It's possible to show this kind of info, maybe at the bottom of the screen because at the top there isn't much space. Something like server name and demo name.

Atm I have an unreleased version 1.3, but I haven't added many features, recently I haven't improved it at all.

The only difference from 1.2 is that I fixed a couple of bugs, and added a zoom function, i.e. you can force cg_fov even below 90, and you can have a different horizontal and vertical one

Another useful thing would be supporting multiple demo folders, but I don't know if it's easy to do it, I haven't tried yet.

Adding the demo name is a piece of cake, so I can put it in 1.3 for sure

If there is any other feature you would like, you can write it here. If it's easy to implement I could add it as well in version 1.3.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sunlight, hope everything is good here. Quick one please, would there be any change to remove , when on demo mode, the text lines from the screen that says

Press L to open Limbo Menu

Press ??? to follow next player

Press ??/ to follow previous player

It somehow clears some text mess off the screen imho. Can this be done usually? Am not sure if you would be a factor for a change at your side then,.

Edited by PiNoY

• Clan Friend

Hey Sunlight, hope everything is good here. Quick one please, would there be any change to remove , when on demo mode, the text lines from the screen that says

Press L to open Limbo Menu

Press ??? to follow next player

Press ??/ to follow previous player

It somehow clears some text mess off the screen imho. Can this be done usually? Am not sure if you would be a factor for a change at your side then,.

You mean when the player is dead? Which mod are we talking about?

The problem is, what you see on the screen is drawn by the mod, not by the engine, so the only way to remove it would be to make the mod believe that the player is not dead, or some other 'hackish' way fo fix it, which I don't think is a good idea.

p.s.

In the previous post, I wrongly mentioned version 1.3

Actually the one I had uploaded was 1.1 and the one I have and never released is 1.2, up to now I fixed a noquarter crash with shownormals, and I added a zoom function (holding shift you can zoom), and custom cg_fov for x and y.

As you requested, I've added the demo and map name in the hud, and a command to show the last demo viewed, map and server name.

Maybe I will also add a percentage to know how much of the demo you have already watched, and if I find a way, I will add folder support for demos, which again must be done in some weird way because it's the mod the one which shows that list, but I already did somthing like that with the demo sorting.

I noticed the seeking feature fails a bit on silent when there is warmup (wrong time), but atm it's fairly good as it is, I don't feel like rewriting the whole thing.

Great Sunlight.

Do you remember Matrix movie when that guy ducks over a bullet coming in on top of him, everything goes slow-mo while bullets are about to pass on top of this guys? That gives me an idea of something like - what do you think of while viewing a demo under normal or whatever timescale value, we then press Left Shift key then timescale becomes 0.1 making everything slowmo, releasing Left Shift key or pressing Left_Shift key again changes back timescale value to its previous value - matrix effect on the demo when only needed. :P

• Clan Friend

Great Sunlight.

Do you remember Matrix movie when that guy ducks over a bullet coming in on top of him, everything goes slow-mo while bullets are about to pass on top of this guys? That gives me an idea of something like - what do you think of while viewing a demo under normal or whatever timescale value, we then press Left Shift key then timescale becomes 0.1 making everything slowmo, releasing Left Shift key or pressing Left_Shift key again changes back timescale value to its previous value - matrix effect on the demo when only needed. :P

Could be done, but then you'd have to rewind a bit, to make it more effective. And at the moment the way I use to rewind is a bit slow, because it reloads the map like a vid_restart.

Since I use shift to zoom, I could use control to slow down, or better caps lock. But in some mods you can press keys during demos (etpro for example) and you get the same function you get in game, so I should chose keys that aren't normally binded to something.

I think I will add it, shouldn't take much. If you would like to test it before I release it, I could pm you a link if you want.

• Like 1