Iw3mp.exe Crashes

NotYourEggo

For the past 2 days I have been getting these annoying iw3mp.exe crashes. I can't play more than 5 minutes without the game crashing. If anyone knows a solution I would be all ears. Until I can figure out a way to fix it consider me off cod 4 for a while..

There's another topic about this: http://fearless-assa...ing-with-iw3mp/

Maybe try those things...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

iw3mp.exe Error

Many people are having an issue when launching the multiplayer portion of Call of Duty 4.

Tips:

Reinstall the game

Update your Drivers

There are some issues running CoD 4 Multiplayer on some onboard sound cards. Users with RealTek™ onboard sound cards and Windows® Vista will need to use Microsoft Audio Drivers 6.0, which can be found at Microsoft Corporation and/or http://www.cod4board...io-Drivers-Fix. Users with Sigmatel® onboard sound cards need to install all Windows® Vista updates, and the latest Sigmatel drivers from Dell.com.

If you are running the game from a secondary partition, download the latest BIOS updates from your motherboard manufacturer in addition to following the above instructions.

A fix will be posted here once Activision/Infinity Ward releases more info on this error

Source

I had to do this when my stepson decided he wanted to play CoD also. Single player worked fine, but multiplayer would constantly crash. I just went and updated the Soundcard drivers and it was then good to go.

• 3 weeks later...

this is also happening to me. for ages it was ok but it has just started again. it always crashes when i have a good score (i know that is rare)

I had the same issue when I had my OLD PC haven't tried it on my new PC yet, but nonetheless.

1. Update your sound drivers
  2. Have you headphones plugged in before you start the game <--

What i did to fix it :

Go to Start then Control Panel

Double click on the Sound Tool

Click on the Recording tab

Right click anywhere in the Playback Devices box and select "Show Disabled Devices"

Enable the Stereo Mix

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with NotUREggo, I have this error once in a while. You just have to play with the playback devices. No reload of the game or anything like that. I think a media player resets the configuration of the Sound card. It hits me at random times. And it is a Realtek issue. At first I played with the sound disabled. All anyone heard was me cursing no other sound. Probably wondering what I saw doing. LOL

What i did to fix it :

Go to Start then Control Panel

Double click on the Sound Tool

Click on the Recording tab

Right click anywhere in the Playback Devices box and select "Show Disabled Devices"

Enable the Stereo Mix

i cant find the stereo mix. Any suggestions? After updating my drivers it started to crash.. Been playing the game for years and have had these problems befor, but usually they just appear when my mic is disabled or something

EDIT: 1hr later.. reinstalled it. Works fine

Edited by Warning.