REMOVE POISON KNIFES

PINKCAPS

Do you want poison knifes removed?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want poison knifes removed?

• YES!! get rid of them!!!
    • No! I need them because I'm terrible at this game!

I suggest people learn to use them like picking up a panzer or the ever so unpopular yet effective rifle grenade.

Thank you!

That's exactly the problem, people use/abuse them and it creates an inbalance in gameplay because they do too much damage.

It would be ok if these stupid things were used as a last resort ie. in a firefight finishing your primary weapon clip, finishing your secondary and being empty of spirt only to be too far away to make an effective effort to knife your enemy should you use it.

Often I see it used as a primary weapon, players throw them and then proceed to take out their smg to finish off the disoriented enemy - it's pathetic.

As for the panzer / rnade argument, these weapons are limited per team unlike throwing knifes which any player can use.

I just love knives.... it works wonders with my whip!

I believe knives are just like granades... ALL players can use it... Plus... some have more granades then others.

it doesnt mean that you are gonna get 1 kill per granade... like you will certainly not get one kill per knife.

My sugestion is... keep knives but reduce number maybe to 2 or 3?

As I said before.. if you have a good team and good medics on the look out, you will make it if someone throws you a knife....

It's part of the game!

If it was for me, I'd even add molotovs... they are fun to commit suicide with!!! LOL!!!

• Administrators

Since, its 50-50 vote almost.. it would be 5 maps with poison knifes and 5 with no poison knifes so both kind of players can enjoy the game play! Sometimes you got to blame democracy for somethings lol..

Any other suggestion most welcome.

• Administrators
cant you reduce number from 4 to 2???

Possible.. You mean 2 for 5 maps for more challenge? and in other 5 maps 4 non poison ones?

If this is a democracy then the motion to remove the poison knifes is winning!

If you're going to disable them for certain maps then limit the number of knifes used...to 1... you get one shot! you miss and I take your face off :shock:

• Administrators

I dont want knives off, I dont know how to use them, but sure know how to dodge them and then thank the opponent with my panzer. Like I said before in one of my other post if we remove every weapon that ppl hate we r gonna be left only with pliers and then all we gonna do is twist each others nipples.

limitation suggestion seems nice, because when you hit your knife and it fails you can still pick it up to use again, to limit the knifes to the cvop it's also good idea or give them to engies and that will increse their number :P

of course people use them as a primary weapon. it's one-shot-one-kill.. if you get hit by one you're dead, wether you kill the other person or not, even if you kill the enemy medic that hit you with it you can't heal yourself by taking their medpacks.

they are not "just like any panzer or r-nade" --- in order to use them, you have to be cool enough to open the console and bind a key to "throwknife"

not everyone who plays this game has any idea what the console is in the first place, so in actuality they are not only an overpowered weapon but using them only gives experienced players more advantage over nubs, because chances are whitenamers don't even know that you can throw knives in this game at all.

it's not like a panzer, where an otherwise poor shot can "even the playing field" and take out the rambomedic or spawn camper. no, it's a weapon only for people who don't need an advantage in the first place. it's right up there with killing bots in a covert ops uniform that you never lose in my book.

I dont want knives off, I dont know how to use them, but sure know how to dodge them and then thank the opponent with my panzer. Like I said before in one of my other post if we remove every weapon that ppl hate we r gonna be left only with pliers and then all we gonna do is twist each others nipples.

I don't agree with this thought process, let's focus at the issue at hand which is the removal of poison knifes and not go down the slippery slope of "well if we remove this then we gotta remove that"

I think limiting knifes to cov ops a/o soldiers would be ok, this would cut down on the rambo meds.