New Matx Gaming Rig I'm Working On ...

LA_Kings_Fan

:yahooNew mATX gaming rig I’m working on …

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 mATX Intel Motherboard Asus-Maximus-IV-Gene-Z-Motherboard-Relea

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K I69-2600K-mainv01-jc.jpg

Hardrive: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX, 1TB 64MB Cache 7200RPM SATA3 {already had} wd_cav_black.jpg

OPTICAL drive: HP Black bd340i Blu-ray Burner w/ LightScribe 10196694.jpg

SSD drive: Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2, 128GB SATA III SSD m4_ssd.gif

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600 veng_r_onboard_x2.png

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 Noctua-NH-U9B-Sp-cial-Edition-SE2-0.jpg

Video Card: SAPPHIRE Toxic HD 6950 2 GB img_671_1_orig.jpg 

Power supply: BFG X2-series 750 Watt {already had} 41OpFnYY6DL._SL160_.jpg

Case: HP Pavilion Stealth/modified {already had} 125813555992804.jpg

Monitor: HP w2207h Widescreen {already had} H25-2204-main.jpg

Mouse: ASUS GX800 3200 DPI USB Laser Gaming Mouse 101229914-260x260-0-0_ASUS+ASUS+GX800+32

... any advice/suggestions/feedback is most welcomed smile.gif as I need some edge on killing you guys on the F/A No-Marty-mix server :hmm:rolleyes:

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

Very nice PC, but that HP case is not worthy. Most people get mATX board to fit into small cases.

:( Yeah I knew someone would mention that ... but there's a couple reasons for it ... I need something that looks factory stock to match all my other HP stuff :) have 2 computers alike that are similar to this, however I have modified this one to better vent and installed additional case fans, but mainly I'm going for a stealth factory look, that you are in awe over once you lift the hood on this little bad boy coupe. ;)

I'll try to post some pics when it's completed.

Me so damn jealous, but my Monitor is bigger, and faster Two of them (Viewsonic, 1 sec respons rate, and can go up to 1920 by 1024 HD res i believe. 27 inches.

Thanks ... oh I guess I forgot to mention, I have TWO of those HP w2207h's also, with Portrait rotation ... though yeah you've got me beat in the Monitor catagory. :cry

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

I like the idea of the stock, unworthy PC case with custom components inside. As long as the mods you made to it are enough to make sure it doesn't suffocate, haha.

Thanks ... oh I guess I forgot to mention, I have TWO of those HP w2207h's also, with Portrait rotation ... though yeah you've got me beat in the Monitor catagory. :cry

Yeah..Though my 2 monitors are for two seperate PCS..:( But your PC wrecks mine..And my internet - 180KB/sec ftw...?

Yeah ... And my internet - 180KB/sec ftw...?

:blink: WTF ??? wow that's worse than Dial-Up bad ... sorry man :(

But then even though mine is this w/ Verizon FiOS ... FiOSspeedtest.jpg

I still seem to have major lag & connection issues at times with the F/A HC No-marty-mix server ... so go figure ? :hmm

I have Verizon too :D But i hate where i live :< Such bad Internet, and its because of the road i live on...my friend literally prob like 5mile away gets 10mbps.....Internet is bullshit -.-

Just remember, a cool looking case is fun to look at it... but it can be slow as hell.

It's what's under the hood that counts. I like the sleeper setup you got planned there.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

blink.gif WTF ??? wow that's worse than Dial-Up bad ... sorry man sad.gif

But then even though mine is this w/ Verizon FiOS ... FiOSspeedtest.jpg

I still seem to have major lag & connection issues at times with the F/A HC No-marty-mix server ...

Look at our shitty DSL

1575836632.png

I live south of KC (brand new housing area)

Little ways out and since there is only 200 homes in this new area no one has installed and the only TV/Internet service provider I can go though is our AT & T.

My only other option is to go with a 4G like Clear Mobile but I have two business and AT % T gives me a discount for running them. I get two business and home both with DSL and UVerse TV and four unlimited cell's for just shy of $1,100 a month so it's my cheapest option without having two different company's.

I'm sick of these slow speeds though.

Edited by Amber L. Winchell

Did you test to see if it will fit the HD 6950? The HD bays for some HP cases divided so long cards won't fit (usually in some mATX cases, video cards end up going into the HD bay area). Also It might be a good idea to mod the vents on the side if you already haven't done so =D

Also i think it is kinda cool to take a shitty manufacturer case, mod it, and then load it full of kick ass parts. Ppl be like "hahah you got some shitty HP" and then just blaze through HQ Battlefield 3 to make them go "wtf?".

It would be even better if you did it with a Dell case =P (then people would literally shit bricks)

Look at our shitty DSL

1575836632.png

I live south of KC (brand new housing area)

Little ways out and since there is only 200 homes in this new area no one has installed and the only TV/Internet service provider I can go though is our AT & T.

My only other option is to go with a 4G like Clear Mobile but I have two business and AT % T gives me a discount for running them. I get two business and home both with DSL and UVerse TV and four unlimited cell's for just shy of $1,100 a month so it's my cheapest option without having two different company's.

I'm sick of these slow speeds though.

sorry, i miss something? Id be GLAD to have your internet. i get 180kbps. thats the fastest internet option we have here. Sure, your option is expensive as crap, but you DO have an option, I dont.

sorry, i miss something? Id be GLAD to have your internet. i get 180kbps. thats the fastest internet option we have here. Sure, your option is expensive as crap, but you DO have an option, I dont.

$1,100 for the speed I get not to mention always losing connection. 4G would be around 2-grand a month considering the package deal so I don't consider another grand a month to be a option. If I lived in the city I could go with TimeWarner business class and get everything for around $400 (minus cells).

If you think I get a good speed for the $1,100 a month I pay then you must have brain damage. (no offense intended) I'd be happy with your speed considering you pay well under a $100 I'm guessing. Owning two businesses I can only use certain providers and living south of the city means I have only one DSL provider. Trust me, it's not fun.

Edited by Amber L. Winchell