Finally I knew it was possible!

Mattle

I have never stepped foot in a grocery store that locks carts. If the owner is worried about the carts getting stolen, then it means that many people who go in there must just be lurking around and really desperate. There is no functional use for a shopping cart unless you're walking around all the time bringing a lot of shit around, i.e. homeless or shopping in a store... I'd probably be more worried about getting stabbed or shot while trying to buy food.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The purpose is to keep costs down by not having employees returning the carts. You would be surprised how many people walk their carts back to retrieve their 25 cents, I do. Lets not even thread into bagging your own groceries, I fear it will cause an up roar here in the forums.

war.gif

lol... come to think of it... I do always feel bad for those little kids who are forced to bring back all the carts... especially in the winter in MN... that would suck. but you know, they making a buck for it, and hey i can't argue with the convenience

Them bringing the cart's in helps out the economy. They make money doing that, in return they go spend that money they earned trolling around collecting grocery carts.

+1

The only place I know of that locks carts together is Aldi's and I've never been there (there are closer places, etc). Other than that, of the many stores I've been to with shopping carts I have seen 0 with a similar system. I'm guessing it's more popular in Europe due to the "common knowledge" remarks, but common knowledge here, at least, is shopping carts that can easily be stolen or left abandoned in the parking lot. I see the point of them - just haven't seen a place that sees the need to have them.

If I ever go to Aldi's I'll pray for a cart like this :P

i have heard of this before but never seen it. and it too was only from Aldi's in Ohio. but when i saw the pic, i originally had no idea what i was looking at. i knew it was the locking mechanism but the chain part is what i didnt notice at first....i was like, "ok. its the coin mechanism. what is this pic for?!" but after reading the post of the chain thing i got it :/

Khm..

<--- This guy is from Estonia. So excuse me if I figured out that this is some locking mechanism but had no idea that pulling chain around cart handler is some kind of hobby about 10.000 km away. Well thats the beauty that you learn everything new every day communicating with peaople from other countries.

Oh really theres a tab in right corner of FF window called "Google"- 1 thing learned again. IRW.

Peace out

Vanaraud

Khm..

<--- This guy is from Estonia. So excuse me if I figured out that this is some locking mechanism but had no idea that pulling chain around cart handler is some kind of hobby about 10.000 km away. Well thats the beauty that you learn everything new every day communicating with peaople from other countries.

Oh really theres a tab in right corner of FF window called "Google"- 1 thing learned again. IRW.

Peace out

Vanaraud

I use Chrome. <_<

To the people who do not understand it, have you never gone to a supermarket? It should almost be common knowledge................

Carts aren't made like that everywhere.

I've never seen one with that 'locking mechanism' anywhere around here. They figure people steal em, they steal em. So, no, it is not 'common knowledge' if we don't live somewhere where those kinds of carts are used.

And no I don't live in middle of nowhere. I'm in a very crowded city with a very high crime rate. I guess carts are just at the bottom of our worries.

Edit : we have an Aldi's right up the street, I've never been there though as it seems to get robbed all the time. I'd rather not be shot. But I might go observe the carts like a nerd :D

Edited by HannahG

its gotta be an extra link in the chain...................its fukin impossibleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee argggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have never stepped foot in a grocery store that locks carts. If the owner is worried about the carts getting stolen, then it means that many people who go in there must just be lurking around and really desperate. There is no functional use for a shopping cart unless you're walking around all the time bringing a lot of shit around, i.e. homeless or shopping in a store... I'd probably be more worried about getting stabbed or shot while trying to buy food.

duckie you havent lived