ET Level 4 vs trouble makers

CaT2023

I am sorry ,not sure where to post this topic.

Thing is I want to know if level 4 can have mute cmd back like it was before since sometimes it is necessary specially when admin is not around or 'afk'

I don't know if other people with level 4 know how the procedure  in case they need to mute someone but I do know very well because because I have asked and they've taught me(admins)

I have never abused the commands and have always reported each case immediately after taking any action that I was allowed to take as level 4.

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Hey Cata

Level 4 has these commands on silent mod:

mtroll1, mtroll2, mtroll3, mwhine1, mwhine2, mwhine3,

1 - Mutes for 15minutes

2 - Mutes for 1 hour
3 - Mutes for 3 hours

All with pre-written warning messages.

If you need to have a player muted for a longer period, you can report him on forums or try and find an admin. :)

Alternatively, if @daredevil allows it, mute can be added to your GUID since you are trusted. However, the custom mute commands above should be enough. You can always apply hehe. (finally).

Edited by CheepHeep
  • Like 2

According to the wiki you should still have the ability to mute people. For silEnT servers it will be commands like !mtroll1-3 and !mwhine1-3. You can make sure you have these commands in game with !help. If they're not there then maybe you've lost your level somehow and it needs to be set again.

As for the procedure, if someone's trolling do !mtroll1 [player] and it will give them a short mute. If they carry on do !mtroll2 [player] and then do !mtroll3 if they need a longer mute.

Same with whining and !mwhine1 etc.

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Cata0709 said:

Ohhh well,,,Those commands that are new to me and I didn't know exactly what they were for ... now I know ... thanks guys for the immediate response!!!! 

Feel free to ask any questions :) Always do !help and most of the commands have syntax format on it. 

Rule of thumb is - 

1. If verbal warning solves the issue, why mute?

2. If !warn solves the issue, why mute or kick?

3. If !mute or !kick solves the issue why ban?

4. !ban is the last resort. 

Goal is to let player know what is allowed and what's not. Now if player just wants to act like jerk/trouble maker - we treat him like one :) Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 100 1