ET Server Suggestion Jay 1 Non-Map Suggestions

-=HipKat=-

2 hours ago, equaLz said:

Hmm. 

First off, the reason why rifle nades are so strong, is because flackjackets are not enabled for other classes besides engineers, thank god. You know why? If they were, Engineers will be less usefull, because medics will be less vunerable against explosives ( More rambo meds ), There is a reason why teamplay is working pretty well on such a full server like jay1. You can easily survive a rifle grenade by using double jump in smart cases, warp away from the grenade, or focus on fast headshots in duels. Pretty much a skill thing. I am been killed 5 times in a row by panzer from the same player, ofc it can be frustrating, but only thing you can do is changed your tactics, there are players who barely die in a round and yet gain over 60/70 kills. ;)

I am following this topic since your complaining about it started, and I all I see is that you are talking about your own personal experience, if you can redirect me to any topic regarding this, or providing screenshots from other players who complain about it, I will accept your reasons of complaining. I enjoy jay1 as it is, since the begin of FA its mostly theire most populair server for a reason. Don't change things if they are already perfect in theire state, which jay1 is atm. ET isn't that populair anymore, and I am glad thanks to FA I can still enjoy it. :) 

Also, this is a map suggestions topic, aren't we getting a little bit off-topic?

I don't what happend with you bro, but this is not the HipKat I know.  

It's not map suggestion , it's a different topic he made himself , but yes it's not of any use

• Platinum VIP
2 hours ago, equaLz said:

Hmm. 

First off, the reason why rifle nades are so strong, is because flackjackets are not enabled for other classes besides engineers, thank god. You know why? If they were, Engineers will be less usefull, because medics will be less vunerable against explosives ( More rambo meds ), There is a reason why teamplay is working pretty well on such a full server like jay1. You can easily survive a rifle grenade by using double jump in smart cases, warp away from the grenade, or focus on fast headshots in duels. Pretty much a skill thing. I am been killed 5 times in a row by panzer from the same player, ofc it can be frustrating, but only thing you can do is changed your tactics, there are players who barely die in a round and yet gain over 60/70 kills. ;)

I am following this topic since your complaining about it started, and I all I see is that you are talking about your own personal experience, if you can redirect me to any topic regarding this, or providing screenshots from other players who complain about it, I will accept your reasons of complaining. I enjoy jay1 as it is, since the begin of FA its mostly theire most populair server for a reason. Don't change things if they are already perfect in theire state, which jay1 is atm. ET isn't that populair anymore, and I am glad thanks to FA I can still enjoy it. :) 

Also, this is a map suggestions topic, aren't we getting a little bit off-topic?

I don't what happened with you bro, but this is not the HipKat I know.  

This is not a map suggestion topic. The name of the thread is Non-Map suggestions and I think you're misunderstanding. I never said lower the damage on R-nades or give everyone flack jackets. Let me try thins, since we're focusing on R-nades. If there are allowed 5 per team and the server isn't very full, like on the demo I posted above, it makes almost half the team using r-nades. This thread wasn't even started to focus on one weapon, but Heavy Weapons in General.. If I die 24 times on a map, and 11 are by r-nade, 4 by Arty, 3 by regular grenades and 3 by Garand and only 3 times by Thompson (Those are approximates, not exact numbers), that  tells you something. Tells me I'm good in 1v1 duels with MG's lol. But seriously, a disproportionate number of deaths are by Rifle ande and almost all deaths are by HW's. I mean, I can track this for a few days on every map I play and I bet you see similar results. On this map, I roamed to all parts of the map to show how consistent it is that you get hit with them

The point of this thread isn't top  take anything away form anyone, but to possibly lower some numbers of HW's to make it less frustrating for players that don't use HW's weapons. I mean how do you double jump r-nades that are being pumped into a bottleneck

Bob said last night on there, he uses Rifle nades because his aim sucks. I said, work on your aim then, mate. BTW, I use Rifle-nades myself at times. 

The only HipKat you know, is the one that was a total prick. I'm trying to have a conversation here in a civil way. Is that OK?

Edited by -=HipKat=-

38 minutes ago, -=HipKat=- said:

This is not a map suggestion topic. The name of the thread is Non-Map suggestions and I think you're misunderstanding. I never said lower the damage on R-nades or give everyone flack jackets. Let me try thins, since we're focusing on R-nades. If there are allowed 5 per team and the server isn't very full, like on the demo I posted above, it makes almost half the team using r-nades. This thread wasn't even started to focus on one weapon, but Heavy Weapons in General.. If I die 24 times on a map, and 11 are by r-nade, 4 by Arty, 3 by regular grenades and 3 by Garand and only 3 times by Thompson (Those are approximates, not exact numbers), that  tells you something. Tells me I'm good in 1v1 duels with MG's lol. But seriously, a disproportionate number of deaths are by Rifle ande and almost all deaths are by HW's. I mean, I can track this for a few days on every map I play and I bet you see similar results. On this map, I roamed to all parts of the map to show how consistent it is that you get hit with them

The point of this thread isn't top  take anything away form anyone, but to possibly lower some numbers of HW's to make it less frustrating for players that don't use HW's weapons. I mean how do you double jump r-nades that are being pumped into a bottleneck

Bob said last night on there, he uses Rifle nades because his aim sucks. I said, work on your aim then, mate. BTW, I use Rifle-nades myself at times. 

The only HipKat you know, is the one that was a total prick. I'm trying to have a conversation here in a civil way. Is that OK?

I got it. But the thing is, If the flackjackets were enabled, the rifle grenades won't be a big issue as it is now. Believe me, I had my own servers for years. Because they won't do the damage they are doing now, now 1 grenade can kill serveral people in its range, if flackjackets are enabled they won't... maybe we can open a poll to make a maxium of rifle grenades. Around 7/8 per team will do fine. 

Like most people I think, they don't really care what kills them. Just do your best in each possible situation. After all, it's a game, which can be frustrating sometimes. As I already said, yesterday I was killed 5 times a row by a panzer ( same guy :P ).

But again, you can always open a poll for the rifle grenade count.

• 100 1

• Platinum VIP
1 hour ago, equaLz said:

I got it. But the thing is, If the flackjackets were enabled, the rifle grenades won't be a big issue as it is now. Believe me, I had my own servers for years. Because they won't do the damage they are doing now, now 1 grenade can kill serveral people in its range, if flackjackets are enabled they won't... maybe we can open a poll to make a maxium of rifle grenades. Around 7/8 per team will do fine. 

Like most people I think, they don't really care what kills them. Just do your best in each possible situation. After all, it's a game, which can be frustrating sometimes. As I already said, yesterday I was killed 5 times a row by a panzer ( same guy :P ).

But again, you can always open a poll for the rifle grenade count.

Yeah, getting killed by a Panzer like that is annoying, and candy cane loves to do that but I don’t have that much against a Panzer because it’s just a part of the game and it’s limited and it really takes a lot of skill to kill somebody with one. Believe me, I’ve tried to use them and I am not good. I can’t get the timing down. If I do get a kill with a Panzer, it’s purely out of luck lol

• Haha 1

well Ima put this out there to be simple

dieing 40 or 50 times before getting 400 pixels away from spawn makes me go back to modding it's less boring play about 10 - 15 mins and that's about all I can take

But Im not a pro gamer don't super fly across maps or have a 60% acc thats stable

just a old fart with slow hands

• Platinum VIP
24 minutes ago, DoubleDragon said:

well Ima put this out there to be simple

dieing 40 or 50 times before getting 400 pixels away from spawn makes me go back to modding it's less boring play about 10 - 15 mins and that's about all I can take

But Im not a pro gamer don't super fly across maps or have a 60% acc thats stable

just a old fart with slow hands

And that my friend, sums it up exactly. My biggest frustration is dying 400 pixels away from Spawn, Over and over and over. My hands are not that slow. 

Reducing heavy weapons opens the map so more people can move about and cover more of the map. Having more of the map available gives you more options for 1v1 battles, Which is the basic foundation for FPS games. There is a reason why the default weapon is a gun and not a heavy weapon 

Edited by -=HipKat=-

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

@-=HipKat=-  Try below server for once and I believe something or everything of it you would like it! 

/connect fun1.clan-fa.com:27960 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Going to revive this thread. Noticing a few annoying things to deal with while trying to play anywhere from 15v15-25v25 on Jay1.

First of all, the no limit on rifles. When trying to attack, the opposing team usually has 5-6 rnades sometimes more. 3-4 mg42 and a mortar all on the objectives choke point, making it next to impossible to advance. I'd like to suggest lowering the limit, or if possible, based on the players count. Nothing is worse than dealing with nade spamming, mortar spamming and mg stacking. No map progress will be made and it kills the server. 

Secondly, the MG 42 has been increasing in popularity, and for some odd reason.. It has next to no recoil or bullet spread. Making it easy for the defending team to practically snipe you in a matter of 2.5 seconds. For most people, who aren't fraggers or achieve high kills its quite a feat to try and take out. IMO, it needs more recoil like some of the tank MG's or even the stationary MG's.

Third, the Sten as as covert ops. It's been butchered via server settings, low damage and takes about 8 shots to overheat. I suggest getting default sten settings to make it an enjoyable weapon. 

Edited by bLade.