broken sound of gunfire // NQ1 server

Coconut

• Leader
2 hours ago, Coconut said:

no, only on my computer

I just test-fired the the various automatic weapons on NQ#1  I get the 'extra sounds" with the Thompson, mp-40, mp34, fg42, browning mg,  sten ,dual-lugers and maybe with the venom.  It does not seem to happen with the MG42, but it fires quickly anyway.  I had also noticed the smg-sound last week.  

It reminded me somewhat of the fast-firing on Beginners#1, but not quite.  The magazines empty in 5 seconds in full-auto on both NQ#1 and #2.

It starts after the first few shots on full automatic.  

The other players don't seem to have the issue.

I will have to run a local server and see what happens.  :D

Edited by RedBaird
mg42
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only thing I actually know technically about this bug is it's related to models\weapons2\mp40\weapon.cfg

from my understanding the old weapon.cfg settings are obsolete for NQ 1.2.5 and above it will have erratic behavior 

but if you have more then one file with different settings it could possibly interfere with the firing times with fps but doubt full map.pk3's would contain weapon2 cfgs

this is related to the alt switch added to the below script that isn't necessary but is there for other weapons by default it is carried over to each weapon and could possibly interfere with the .cfg these can be edited by server admins with custom.pk3s

newfmt
// config file for weapon animations

//                                 barrel                     barrel
//    first  length  fps  looping  anim bits  animated weap   draw bits
//     /   ___/      /     /      /           /              /
//    /   /   ______/     /      /           /              /
//   /   /   /   ________/      /           /              /
//  /   /   /   /   ___________/           /              /
// /   /   /   /   /   ___________________/              /
///   /   /   /   /   /   ______________________________/
//   /   /   /   /   /   /

0	1	20	1	0	0	0	// IDLE1
0	1	20	1	0	0	0	// IDLE2

1	3	20	2	0	0	0	// ATTACK1
1	3	20	2	0	0	0	// ATTACK2
1	3	20	2	0	0	0	// ATTACK3

7	5	20	0	0	0	0	// DROP
12	4	16	0	0	0	0	// RAISE
17	48	20	1	0	0	0	// RELOAD1
17	48	27	1	0	0	0	// RELOAD2
17	48	20	1	0	0	0	// RELOAD3

0	1	20	1	0	0	0	// ALTSWITCH	(SA) new alt-mode switching anim
0	1	20	1	0	0	0	// ALTSWITCH	(SA) new alt-mode switching anim
0	1	20	1	0	0	0	// DROP2
7	5	30	0	0	0	0	// WEAP_FASTDROP
12	4	24	0	0	0	0	// WEAP_FASTRAISE

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

will anyone fix it? im sure a lot of people are playing with this problem, because as we found out, im not the only one who got it.

i play with s_volume 0 lol, because the dublicate sound of shooting prevents normally hit the target. i know its dumb lol

Edited by Coconut
  • Like 1

I cant see how it could possibly be your PC not being NQ compat, new one on me but i'll go and see if i can duplicate the issue.

Sounds to me more along the lines of having both server and local sounds on, hence the "echo".....i will report back if i'm able to duplicate the issue and help find a solution for you.

• Thanks 1
  • 100 2

8 hours ago, Coconut said:

i play with s_volume 0 lol, because the dublicate sound of shooting prevents normally hit the target. i know its dumb lol

lol i do the same rather no sound then duplicate shooting... :dntk

@Coconut Hi mate, simples here, just spoke ingame with you and tried to duplicate your issue with no luck, will get back to you once i've spoken to etl dev.

EDIT*** i've sent a copy of your youtube vids and explained the problem. I will let you know once he responds, fingers crossed he has come across the problem and knows of an easy fix or at least possible ones.

Edited by Snuffs99
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i once again repeat that the reason not in my config, many people have this problem and i/we cant fix it. they (server admin / host) need to check the server files and fix the prob... my game client conflicts with the server configurations and so nothing helps

Edited by Coconut

8 hours ago, Coconut said:

i once again repeat that the reason not in my config, many people have this problem and i/we cant fix it. they (server admin / host) need to check the server files and fix the prob... my game client conflicts with the server configurations and so nothing helps

I can see why your frustrated but as i said via PM mate your getting confused between your own made config file and the etconfig.cfg. If its a problem cvar within your etconfig file that is causing your issues then no matter how many times you run your own config (or anyone elses), unless it has the problem cvar in the config you run it wont be fixed as etconfig has not been told sort of thing.

Your own config file is made up of a selected few cvar settings, it doens't contain them all.

You could always try and delete all etconfig files (all of them, etmain, etmain/profiles, jaymod, jaymod/profiles, NQ, NQ/profiles etc etc) and then when you run ET again it will create a new one.

Or uninstall ET totally using something like revo uninstaller (which can remove every possible trace of ET) and then re-install ET using the install on this site.

Deleting just the NQ and legacy folders etc isn't the same as un installnig the whole game, if its something in your ETmain folder for instance causing you problems removing just the NQ folder etc wont make a blind bit of difference.

It is highly doubtful its the server end causing people problems as everyone would prob have the same issues, other than downloading missing files and forcing the odd cvars setting (like maxpackets) most things ET wise are done your end. Yes its possible it might be a conflict between your end and the server but it will be your end causing the problem IMHO.

I've offered to log in via teamviewer and try and sort your issue as i can try 10+ things in the time it takes me to write 1 possible solution for you to try yourself, but if your not comfortable with that then i'm sure daredeveil or someone else on here would be more than happy to try and help.

EDIT** I've posted the issue to ETL dev bugs boards so hope someone there might be able to shed some light too.

EDIT2*** reply from ETL devs

It seems the issue is independent from the engine used. In that case, the issue could be due to audio drivers, or something done by the mod (NQ). In any case, we’ll probably not be able to solve anything, but I’d recommend testing the alternative sound backend provided by ETL client.

@CoconutBy alternative sound backend they mean in ETL go to Options==>System then on the right hand side under audio there is the ability to change the System Sound Control. If you toggle the 2 options SDL2 and OpenAL and try each one to see if that helps.

@daredevil

I assume NQ1, 2 and 3 are all set up the same with same settings etc?

Just odd that some only have the issue on NQ1 so if NQ1 is set up slightly different than 2 and 3 then we should be able to find the problem, if they are al the same then its looking more like possibly a driver issue??

Frustrating tbh and i really wish i could replicate the problem but i've tried everything i can think of and certainly one of those "if i was there at the PC i'd sort it moments. 😞

Edited by Snuffs99
  • 100 1