NQ1 and Hardcore timeouts

Snuffs99

As title,

Not had issues connecting or playing etc but DareDevil asked me to report quicker if i saw any issues so here i am.

Both NQ1 and Hardcore are timing out every few seconds in HLSW, Jay1,2 and silent are fine though....not sure if the timeouts affect anything.

NQ

197.jpg

Hardcore

198.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

It is blocking your getstatus queries. That's fine - it's blocking DDoS. Can check why silent1 is not blocking though. need to figure out how often hlsw sends those queries. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, daredevil said:

It is blocking your getstatus queries. That's fine - it's blocking DDoS. Can check why silent1 is not blocking though. need to figure out how often hlsw sends those queries. 

I see about 4-5 queries per second looking at wireshark.

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, Xernicus said:

I see about 4-5 queries per second looking at wireshark.

anh we have limit of 4. Possible to figure out how much exact if u have time? will save my time - was going to do exact.

Seems jay and silent are timing out too but only when i flit between them (the red lines in pics below is when i click on that specific server in HLSW), unlike NQ and Hardcore which is constant and regular.....If its doing the job its meant to be doing then all good, like i say not had any issues connecting or playing.

202.jpg

203.jpg

Edited by Snuffs99

29 minutes ago, daredevil said:

anh we have limit of 4. Possible to figure out how much exact if u have time? will save my time - was going to do exact.

No problem, I can check after lunch.

• Like 1

Took a second look... it varies- I see 2x per second to once every 10 seconds.
One thing I see that could affect HLSW is fragmented IPv4 headers (possibly from stat tracking?)

For the most part it:
-Opens the connection, then sends 23 queries within the first second (numerous details, getstatus, getstatus, getinfo, source engine query) which could explain the timeout when quickly flipping through the servers in the list.
-It sends getstatus an average of once per second for silent, jay1&2. Every three seconds for NQ and HC.
-getstatus doesn't seem to be getting dropped- rather the packets aren't getting sent out. Which leads me to:
-It spams out ICMP packets, increasing TTL from 0 until it gets a response, then resets back to 0... that'd be the red lines.

• Like 1