Mouse feels laggy

Syroox
Go to solution Solved by RendeL,

Hey there,

since I have my new computer my mouse sometimes feels very laggy. It's just sometimes and sometimes it's going smooth as always.

I still use the same config as on my previous computer.

Can anybody maybe help me?

If your using a modified config other then etconfig you should delete the etconfig from the mod folder not etmain it will write a new one for the new system. 

If you have not made one save the one you got now with /writeconfig <filenameyouwant>

Using cvar_restart wont resolve it because it will call on the etconfig in modfolder

Is cl_mouseaccel set to 0 

Check and see if mouse accel is turned on in the system it self

There can be a number of things including the type of mouse it is does it require USB 3.0 not sure what your working with.

Is the mouse made by Microsoft or is the the driver for it compatible with the system it is on.

Mouseaccel is off in ET and in the system

I'm using a Roccat Kone Pure all drivers installed.

And as I said sometimes I don't have the laggy feeling but most of the time it's laggy

1 hour ago, RendeL said:

Try to decrease the mouse update sensitivity. The Hz settings that is. Default can be even 1000 Hz and it may be too much, try lower it to 500 or so.

Where do I find this? 

If your using windows 10 with the mouse it maybe windows defender causing the lag it's the only other thing I see that would cause artificial lag.

You can either turn real time protection off or exclude the sub folders in defender related to the mouse software.

Only if your on windows 10 because the drivers are for windows 8 and below and I don't have the software installed you can use this video as a reference 

• Surprise 1

• Platinum VIP
12 hours ago, DoubleDragon said:

If your using windows 10 with the mouse it maybe windows defender causing the lag it's the only other thing I see that would cause artificial lag.

You can either turn real time protection off or exclude the sub folders in defender related to the mouse software.

Only if your on windows 10 because the drivers are for windows 8 and below and I don't have the software installed you can use this video as a reference 

Most current version of Win 10 doesn't have the same Windows Defender window as in the video

• Like 1

This is for Windows 10 version 1809 November update

copy to folder browser and press enter

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Windows Defender Firewall

On the left side choose " Allow and app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall "

On the next page click on Change settings on the right 

Select the mouse drivers' name in the apps check box left then select the network type to allow Private or Public depending on your network type your on.

This will disable defender from scanning the device during usage.

And thanks hip for the upgrade reminder 

• Like 2