PM spam after mute.

daredevil

• Administrators

Lately admin's, members are getting PM spam on Etpub after they mute someone. Easies way to deal with is use /ignore.

There's an ingenious command for it: /ignore [name|slot]

Your client will completely ignore that player: if its PM, global chat, voice chat etc... that player will cease to exist for you.

That should take care of PM spammer's.

i had a guy spamming me that he was muted, and he wasn't...finally he made the mistake of forgetting /m and said in chat that he was muted.

so he got !mute 30s. and we all laughed like little school girls

LOL... that's funny!

Lately admin's, members are getting PM spam on Etpub after they mute someone. Easies way to deal with is use /ignore.

Your client will completely ignore that player: if its PM, global chat, voice chat etc... that player will cease to exist for you.

On ETPub you can still pm after being muted? :confused

• Administrators

On ETPub you can still pm after being muted? :confused

Yes :P !mute only mutes them in global, FT and team chat.

• Administrators
lol i didnt no u still could but if ur muted then pm's working doesnt really make any sense :D

Etpub and Jaymod are different.

i had a guy spamming me that he was muted, and he wasn't...finally he made the mistake of forgetting /m and said in chat that he was muted.

so he got !mute 30s. and we all laughed like little school girls

I remember that. :D I lmao as well. Thanks for letting us know you where annoying enough to get muted buy someone previously.

Player: What im not muted? Yeah!

MilliVanilli: !mute 30s

:lol:

@dare thanks for the information. i know ill use it

that's a welcome addition of a command if i ever saw one =D

now is there a command to turn off all the custom shrub sounds from EVERYONE but still get regular chat? like i don't want to hear "im too sexy" or "ice ice baby" EVER AGAIN but it wouldn't do to just turn off chat completely or ignore everyone...

well, a guy can dream. and turn off his speakers.

• Administrators

now is there a command to turn off all the custom shrub sounds from EVERYONE but still get regular chat? like i don't want to hear "im too sexy" or "ice ice baby" EVER AGAIN but it wouldn't do to just turn off chat completely or ignore everyone...

cg_novoicechats 1

cg_novoicetext 1

cg_novoicechats 1

cg_novoicetext 1

if u use a cfg heres a nice bit of info from mr bill

To turn off spam you can use this toggle. Save to cfg file. Choose key to bind ; Press once to turn off, twice for team only, 3x to turn on.

set spamoff "set cg_noVoiceChats 1;set cg_noVoiceText 1;set cg_TeamChatsOnly 1;echo ^5Spam ^1OFF;set spamtogg vstr spamon"

set spamon "set cg_noVoiceChats 0;set cg_noVoiceText 0;set cg_TeamChatsOnly 0;echo ^5Spam ^2ON;set spamtogg vstr spamonv"

set spamonv "set cg_noVoiceChats 0;set cg_noVoiceText 0;set cg_TeamChatsOnly 1;echo ^5Spam ^2ON ^3(^7team only^3);set spamtogg vstr spamoff"

set spamtogg "vstr spamon"

bind KEY "vstr spamtogg"

vstr spamon // Defaults all spam ON at startup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as i recall, press it once to mute everything , twice for all but team and thrice for all on

• 1 month later...

cg_novoicechats 1

cg_novoicetext 1

:lol

test, i know jaymod works fine

cg_pmblock "1"