Apple's $15.7 billion in revenue is highest ever

thundercunt

Propelled by sales of the iPhone and iPad, Apple earned $3.25 billion in profit on $15.7 billion in revenue, its highest quarterly revenue ever.

The company reported its fiscal third-quarter results on Tuesday. Its reported earnings for the quarter represent an 88 percent increase in revenue over the same quarter a year ago, when Apple recorded revenue of $8.34 billion. The $15.7 billion figure is also on the high side of what Wall Street had been expecting: Analysts were anticipating between $13.82 billion and $15.74 billion in revenue, and earnings between $2.65 and $3.74 per share. Apple had offered a typically conservative forecast of third-quarter 2010 revenues between $13 billion and $13.4 billion, and earnings per share between $2.28 and $2.39.

Apple said it sold 3.27 million iPads during the quarter, the first quarter they were on sale. It also sold 3.47 million Macs, a 33 percent increase over a year ago, and 8.4 million iPhones, or 61 percent more than a year ago. iPod sales were down again--Apple sold 9.41 million during the third quarter, 8 percent fewer than a year ago.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20011107-260.html

yeah I read that news today and damn I wished have some apple shares right now, earnings per share is 3.51$ damn that make a lot of money if i have for example 100000 ^^

lolapple.png

Way to go... spamming up my seemingly informative topic with useless photos. Take that shit back to the spam section.

Gotta love the iPod :D Can't live without my 80GB one haha

And darn that so many people buy those things o_O

That screen of the iPhone dies fast though lol, my dad let the iPhone fall once and boom there goes the iPhone screen lmao, can let it get fixed though=p

But they should have made that better lol ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Propelled by sales of the iPhone and iPad, Apple earned $3.25 billion in profit on $15.7 billion in revenue, its highest quarterly revenue ever.

The company reported its fiscal third-quarter results on Tuesday. Its reported earnings for the quarter represent an 88 percent increase in revenue over the same quarter a year ago, when Apple recorded revenue of $8.34 billion. The $15.7 billion figure is also on the high side of what Wall Street had been expecting: Analysts were anticipating between $13.82 billion and $15.74 billion in revenue, and earnings between $2.65 and $3.74 per share. Apple had offered a typically conservative forecast of third-quarter 2010 revenues between $13 billion and $13.4 billion, and earnings per share between $2.28 and $2.39.

Apple said it sold 3.27 million iPads during the quarter, the first quarter they were on sale. It also sold 3.47 million Macs, a 33 percent increase over a year ago, and 8.4 million iPhones, or 61 percent more than a year ago. iPod sales were down again--Apple sold 9.41 million during the third quarter, 8 percent fewer than a year ago.

http://news.cnet.com...011107-260.html

Facking prints money. Shit the iPad doesn't even have a definite purpose but people still buy it (fack its damn useless). Also nowadays iPhone is considered a type of luxury symbol (ironcially its cheap shit material =D), kinda like the Rolex of smartphones.

Also its surprising they beat the expected results. Most countries in general (especially the USA which makes up for most of their sales), would have lower consumer spending due to the highest credit card debt in history, bankrupcy and low job numbers. But you know it just goes to show that an apple product is more important than your financial security =D.

Why feed your family, when you can get an iPhone :lol:

record numbers! and good international support too. 144 percent increase in sales in china. Asia has huge market potential :)

Only if US auto companies could learn from this :lol

Asia maybe a huge market potential but their technology are years ahead of us. They already have phones that are years ahead of the iphone and they practically laugh at us lol. Also its hard to breakthrough considering all the competitors. Even for apple. You should see the number of knock off clones they have of this junk =P.

Asia maybe a huge market potential but their technology are years ahead of us. They already have phones that are years ahead of the iphone and they practically laugh at us lol. Also its hard to breakthrough considering all the competitors. Even for apple. You should see the number of knock off clones they have of this junk =P.

A majority of the technology development / research goes on in USA. There are very few major players in the cell phone market - Nokia, Samsung, LG, RIM (makes blackberries).

And their products are in no way more advanced than iphone. Iphone is still the one of the best touch phones around. lol and who does not copy ?

A majority of the technology development / research goes on in USA. There are very few major players in the cell phone market - Nokia, Samsung, LG, RIM (makes blackberries).

And their products are in no way more advanced than iphone. Iphone is still the one of the best touch phones around. lol and who does not copy ?

10 Cool Asian Cell Phone Features You Can't Have – Yet

I've yet to see much if any adoption of cell phone tech like that, in America.

You say Iphone is better than asian phones, you sir, are a not east asian and dont see the awesomeness of their phones.

Shit you see grandma's just pull out their phone and watch their HD tv on their phone.

Oh you forgot your money? its ok, just scan your phone over the machine!

oops, i dont even think america has video conferencing yet.

not to mention most phones in korea have better internet speed than most DSL in USA

I dont know what India is like, but if you think Iphone is better than other phones out there...visit korea or japan, they have phones that are lightyears ahead of anywhere in the world..