Pretty cool hidden spot on Caen map

unlawfulsniper

Hey guys there is a nice spot on the Caen map that I've notice extremely few people know about... are you one of them? I was shown it 2 weeks ago and it requires some hanging double jumping skillz with a zee. Ok so here it is. Think of the boat in Caen that you have to take the objective to, the building in front of the boat on the same side of the river has 2 outdoor mini balconies that you can run out onto after you enter that building and run up the stairs to the 2nd story, you know the one. So the you are up on the 2nd floor, standing on one of the balconies, and you double jump onto the building rooftop, no biggie. Then, facing the river as a point of reference, run left and jump onto the adjacent building, you will land just on the edge this building which happens also to be the border of the map. Then using this building as another jumping point, you face towards the river and do a double jump across the river and onto the roof of the ammo house on the far riverbank.

This double jump across the river may be somewhat tricky at first because you have to use some hangtime before you click then 2nd jump. Or else your head hits the ceiling of the map and you get 'boopsed' on your nogan and fall down go boom. So you gotta milk it like M.J. and hit it at the last second of your hand time. It took me like 3 tries to get it down, but I suffer from noobritis (latin.; an inflamtion of noob like skills)

From ontop of the ammo house you have a pretty sneaky vantage point to play with and best of all no one ever expects it. Come say hello I will be having tea and biscuits up there around noon tommorrow :)

that would be caen2, not caen.

i think doublejump is nub.. personally..

you can get up there without doublejump you know. from the allied side of the bridge jump onto the short wall outside the health/ammo, then onto the outside of the health/ammo bldg wall, from the wall to the telephone pole, up to the top of the pole and from there onto the roof. iirc it's easy if you get someone up to the pole first and they let you stand on their head, but it is possible to get up there alone with no double jump.

btw on caen2 any class can easily tj to the objective, don't need a covop. ( talking about with NO dbl jump - with double jump, anyone with no skill can jump to just about any objective on any map ). in caen it's REALLY hard to do but you can grenae yourself to the obj, or panzer yourself ( a little easier ) there, but there is a good chance of messing up and killing yourself.

that would be caen2, not caen.

i think doublejump is nub.. personally..

you can get up there without doublejump you know. from the allied side of the bridge jump onto the short wall outside the health/ammo, then onto the outside of the health/ammo bldg wall, from the wall to the telephone pole, up to the top of the pole and from there onto the roof. iirc it's easy if you get someone up to the pole first and they let you stand on their head, but it is possible to get up there alone with no double jump.

btw on caen2 any class can easily tj to the objective, don't need a covop. ( talking about with NO dbl jump - with double jump, anyone with no skill can jump to just about any objective on any map ). in caen it's REALLY hard to do but you can grenae yourself to the obj, or panzer yourself ( a little easier ) there, but there is a good chance of messing up and killing yourself.

Yup Caen2 my mistake. Cool I didn't know the other way to get up, double jump makes it so easy. I like doublejump I don't think its nub, maybe on some maps it is. Try playing Minas Tirith without is though lol. That will be 40 seconds before you get to the enemies lol.

well the thing about double jump is that.. there are a lot of places on ET maps that you can only get to if you have practiced and practiced and gained the skills to be able to jump to them. trickjumping is a big thing in this game for ppl who have played it alot - killing each other is only entertaining for so long lol and you play the same map 1000 times.... you look for new stuff. anyway with double jump, anyone can get over the wall at fueldump for example. in normal play if someone makes that jump you give him or her some respect for being able to do it - but double jump makes all the tj skills you have meaningless, because ANYONE can make it over the oasis wall on their first time playing the game ever.. it's POINTLESS to build the ramp at battery because EVERYONE can jump up the beach. ANYONE can jump the wall at ET Beach or get into the temple at temple final without ever moving the tank. virtually all of this stuff could be done with normal settings but it takes skill - some jumps are REALLY FRIGGEN HARD and you feel great about making them if and when you ever do - and then you go to a jaymod server & someone been playing 2 days is in all the spots it took you months to figure out how to get to.

does that make any sense?

it has it's place - like baserace, or minas tirith, or pacman, or cortex who.. and for people who really don't care to learn to tj. it's really not my thing tho. i don't look down at ppl on doublejump servers - as long as they don't think what they're doing is "trickjumping" - because it's really trickjumping with training wheels.

getting up to that spot in caen2 with no double jump is doable - but it's not easy. host a game or find an empty server sometime and see if you can make it without double jump =D

but yeah you should be FOP if you go up there - so you don't run out of ammo and have to come down.

• Administrators

We have 3 single jump server.

Hardcore, Etpro and Etpub. :)

Hardcore is what people have asked a long while back when we used to run 32 slot single jump. :)

still yet, you can use trickjumping skills and double jump together. for example, on mlb temple, you can clear the river during the first phase of the map if you are axis to get to the other side. it still takes skill to do it.

double jump rocks :)

• Administrators
still yet, you can use trickjumping skills and double jump together. for example, on mlb temple, you can clear the river during the first phase of the map if you are axis to get to the other side. it still takes skill to do it.

+1. I always fall in river. That cake cow (an old player) used to do it all time.

That's a cool idea, I'd never considered it possible, what's the best part to jump from?

i have seen a tj video showing someone get across that river with normal settings =D

string of bunny hops from command post area and landing where the allies construct the bridge ( on temple final ) - one of my old clanamates actually pulled the jump off a couple times!

i have seen a tj video showing someone get across that river with normal settings =D

string of bunny hops from command post area and landing where the allies construct the bridge ( on temple final ) - one of my old clanamates actually pulled the jump off a couple times!

hahaha that is f***en sick. I can picture it, boingy boingy boingy boingy whoosh...

@righteous cool cool i'll check that out next time i play, cheers

tickjump servers helps u improve ur skills ;)

iv been playing there few times and its insane how ppl jump there :lol:

and trickjump isnt just for obj. . . u can find cool spots fromwhere u can shoot from and stuff