Free programs To help your computer Lag/speed

Timberwolf

Hi guys ..Everyone complains about lag or lose connection Here's some of the things i do when just before i play or i feel my computer is slow

I use to have a low end computer Dell optiplex 280 from 2004 40gig HD 1.5 Gig memory which wasn't that great but after playing around getting a mid range 9400gt card with 1 gig i did good even on high setting

I now have a Aspire 3300X AMD II X2. 1TB HD 4GIG DDR3 Dual channel windows7 and some Tweaking

One of the biggest problems is people have a small idea of whats in there computer And ask Why am i not connecting or questions like it. But leave no info on what there computer is

So Here is a program that Will tell you everything there is to know about yours..even the temps of the CPU and video card .

# 1 : Piriform speccy Good program to have No virises, small amount of MB to download, Free. and you can save the pictures This is mine http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VTQmksWepp9T6TrQSnTNEq6

Anytime you want to upgreade anything on your computer You will know what to ask for at the store or what to look for online without looking like a moron like i did in the pass. (buddy asked me if my old computer was (SATA or PATA HD) i had no idea

#2 : Advance system care. This is a awsome Cleanning program, Spyware, Registry fix, Privacy sweep, Junk files, System Optimization, Security Defence, Disk defrag, Security Analyzer. And links to the same program makers for Game booster, Internet booster, Smart ram, and a few more. All at a touch of 1 button. You see all thoses program files in your hard drive that do nothing ? This program makes a back up and removes Items you never even knew you had ..without killing your windows or computer Again all free with advanced items you have to buy ..But the basic does the job.. you will see a diffrence after use

Gamebooster = shuts down any extra programs in the "RUN" at start up that don't need to be running while playing a online game and helps uploading and downloading times and FPS

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

#3 : Ccleaner : This is like above sorta ..Its for a person that likes to pick his own files to delete on the Hardrive works like your defrag but does a deeper cleanning wiping out copys aswell Free ..

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

These programs work with both Windows Xp and Windows 7 ..See details of the programs before downloading them.

There are many programs out there that are free However some to carry Trojan's spywear etc Becareful what you download and always find out if someone uses it first

Good site I use for downloading free softwear and programs is Freedownloads.net (not .com or any other ) This site I never had any problems and the check all there programs before adding it (sorta like punkbuster)

Hope It helps you to better gaming. Enjoy

Tbh Gamebooster hasnt helped me too much in the past. But i still use it since after i started using it i did see some improvement but after a few months it kinda leveled out.

• Administrators

All these programs are useless and don't give you any speed/lag improvements only thing they do is add another process that your comp has to run.

• Like 2

All these programs are useless and don't give you any speed/lag improvements only thing they do is add another process that your comp has to run.

+1. 100000000000000000% agree with that ;)

Using the Gamebooster and Internet booster shuts down all processes except Windows and needs apps to run ..there all listed

Background Intellgent transfer service

Computer Browser

Desktop window manger

diagnostic service host

peer networking

windows font cache

About 12 proceses running on mine that are turned off when Game booster is on aswell as does a split second clean and defrag of RAM Which i just saved 178MB which isn't much but nice to know its there

And better then not knowing where to get a free app and crashing

Using the Gamebooster and Internet booster shuts down all processes except Windows and needs apps to run ..there all listed

Background Intellgent transfer service

Computer Browser

Desktop window manger

diagnostic service host

peer networking

windows font cache

About 12 proceses running on mine that are turned off when Game booster is on aswell as does a split second clean and defrag of RAM Which i just saved 178MB which isn't much but nice to know its there

And better then not knowing where to get a free app and crashing

Game Booster though was completely useless because most of the processes it would disable are just idle during gaming so it made very little to no difference in my old laptop. Most game lag/speed issues are not caused by software as much as it is caused by insufficient hardware. But the best way to get a "boost" from software is just to update your video card drivers and maybe tweak the configs for some games.

Also I do think AdvancedSystemCare and CCleaner does help free up some hard drive space and clean the registry but does not impact its "speed" that much (but they are useful programs to have). I got the best results on my old laptop by going through msconfig and getting rid of or disabling unused services and startup program,

They don't have to be running at the same time you're playing

Game Booster though was completely useless because most of the processes it would disable are just idle during gaming so it made very little to no difference in my old laptop. Most game lag/speed issues are not caused by software as much as it is caused by insufficient hardware. But the best way to get a "boost" from software is just to update your video card drivers and maybe tweak the configs for some games.

Also I do think AdvancedSystemCare and CCleaner does help free up some hard drive space and clean the registry but does not impact its "speed" that much (but they are useful programs to have). I got the best results on my old laptop by going through msconfig and getting rid of or disabling unused services and startup program,

Ya there's even away to Boost up your memory of your ram x 1.5. And a video card / GPU overclocker program that i use However I didn't post it based on the idea ..That people get it from here and end up going nuts with it and burning out there card or computer ...and it's my fault for posting lol

These programs are basic eazy to use programs for people that are # 1 lazy to clean out #2 don't know much about computers. I use to get files (alot) i had no idea what there were for. And wouldn't delete them incase they were a windows files and didn't want my computer to stiop working

New computer is brand new and Very small its about 15 lbs everything in it is a tight fit the card in a Nvidia 9200 useless card ..and runs hot. Boosting to would kill it had i not ran spceey i would of not known the temp Temp in F * >>>>>>>>>>> http://speccy.piriform.com/results/kB6bNJf6R9fqpMqEXvrQrg6

Temp in C * http://speccy.piriform.com/results/glXKNqLjNbUHPg6EwrB94er

You and your pessimism... Of course CCleaner doesn't speed up your PC, but it is definitely not useless. What about deleting your browser history? CCleaner deletes cookies, caches and the history itself. But I'm sure you prefer to jump through hidden directories and remove every single file. Additionally, it frees up a lot of disk space. Maybe not when you use your computer mainly for playing ET or browsing the internet, but surely if you're using VMs. And for keeping your registry clean, as Onion mentioned. I see you never had an Acer PC trying to remove the software that comes with it.

have used Ccleaner for some time, good program imo, tried gamebooster a while back, when using it to shut down processes, I was having game problem(shut down or froze up, I don't remember which), I do use it to defrag the game, not sure how much it helps :P. I manually shut down all my processes(cept those that say critical) when I play ET without any problems :)

Way i look at it is ..there might be a few people on are severs that Lag. some of them cause there Hard drives are full of crap Using these programs might help that and save me the time of !spec9 or kicking your butt out of the game So if a few players get a better ping then my job is done

Later i may add to a post about windows XP and windows 7 Tweaks for faster start up, hidden apps, and more sorry no vista help..lol VISTA!!!!!