Recommend a drink with a small review. (type,taste,cost ... etc)

MosesIsComingLookBusy

Hello,

I like to drink, but my problem is that when I find something good I tend to stick it, I mean why shouldnt you? But I would like to open my horizon to new ways for tastebuds to feel the excitement of pleasure that other feelings brings me.

So my question, and reason for this topic. Recommend a drink you like, any type, any price. If I have the possibility to acquire it, I will try it.

I can start;

Red Wine; Chateau, Le Grand Houstea, Cotes De Bordeaux. "Fairly" cheap (135 NOK). It's quite good, smooth, easy, TASTE LIKE GRAPE =) (good review). I mean its quite delicious, not too much aftertaste.

Whiskey; MaCallan Slecet Oak; 1824 Collection (around 800 NOK duty free) . This is one is one smooth motherf***er. I like it ALOT. Goes down quite easy, and yet it carefully screams in your throat. And the taste is quite delicious.

Beer; Now, this is quite big, but I will stick to one for now that si in my mind. the Delirium Nocturnum (66 NOK at store, 110ish NOK at pub) from Belgium. Surprisingly good with and pink elephant on the bottle. A dark beer I would say, but not porter or stour. more like an illusional brown ale.

• Like 1

• Platinum VIP

Wine:  Menage e Trois Red Blend -  The first wine I ever liked.  $10 a bottle.

Beer:  Hardywood Raspberry Stout - Surprisingly strong berry taste with a chocolate finish at 9.2% ABV. $7 for 22oz

Dogfish Head Flesh and Blood IPA - Nice and hoppy without the bitter finish, very citrusy taste at 7.5% ABV.  $12.49 for a 6 pack

Beer is hard because I normally buy the "Make your own 6 pack" and pick 6 different ones I've never tried.  I've always liked IPAs but lately I've been on a dark beer kick - stouts, ambers, and porters.  All of Hardywood's stouts are fantastic.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Beer: Somersby, its awesome beer 4.5% with fruits. I love this type of beer. Cost 1$ in Poland.

Wine: Carlo Rossi, beautiful taste, smells incredible. Cost 7$ in Poland.

Vodka: Polish Vodka, the best. Cost 7$.

• Like 1

I pretty much have a glass of wine with my wife every weeknight while we relax before bedtime. Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon ($9.89ish) is my preference cost wise and taste but more importantly the cabernet sauvignon's have a high concentration of resveratrol.  Good for your heart, blood pressure and cholesterol. 

Whiskey: I prefer Johnnie Walker Black Label (32.99ish)

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, MosesIsComingLookBusy said:

Hello,

I like to drink, but my problem is that when I find something good I tend to stick it, I mean why shouldnt you? But I would like to open my horizon to new ways for tastebuds to feel the excitement of pleasure that other feelings brings me.

So my question, and reason for this topic. Recommend a drink you like, any type, any price. If I have the possibility to acquire it, I will try it.

I can start;

Red Wine; Chateau, Le Grand Houstea, Cotes De Bordeaux. "Fairly" cheap (135 NOK). It's quite good, smooth, easy, TASTE LIKE GRAPE 😃 (good review). I mean its quite delicious, not too much aftertaste.

Whiskey; MaCallan Slecet Oak; 1824 Collection (around 800 NOK duty free) . This is one is one smooth motherf***er. I like it ALOT. Goes down quite easy, and yet it carefully screams in your throat. And the taste is quite delicious.

Beer; Now, this is quite big, but I will stick to one for now that si in my mind. the Delirium Nocturnum (66 NOK at store, 110ish NOK at pub) from Belgium. Surprisingly good with and pink elephant on the bottle. A dark beer I would say, but not porter or stour. more like an illusional brown ale.

Auwtsch, expensive habbit in Norway. 1 year ago I lived aprox. 5 km from the brewery  Delirium, their blond beer is quite good too. If you need any other belgium recommendations, just ask 😉

Favourite Belgian beers i can recommend; Chimay (blue), Rochefort 8 or 10, the exclusive west-vleteren, ...
On a hot and sunny day I enjoy Erdinger Weissbier

As a favourite mixed drink: Limoncello - tonic!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...