My ATI Radeon HD 4850 X2 1GB

Pegasus™

so I was in the middle of the game..heard the fan was making funny noise..sound like the wire got caught..and the computer just shut off...so I open the case..all the wires are fine... turn the computer on..noticed the left fan on the graphic card is not working that well:hmm

When I touch the Graphic Card..it's EXTREMELY HOT!!!! so I decided to take it apart.. :blink:

DSCF2656.jpg

Left Fan

DSCF2658.jpg

Right Fan

DSCF2662.jpg

it's kinda hard to see the difference..but if you look closer..the Left Fan is coming off the motor..

Good thing I have 3 512MB Graphic Card for back up..and doing RMA for warranty exchange(maybe they'll give me a better one) hehehe :lol:

Edited by Pegasus

Man, I hope my 4870 doesn't have the same problem down the line. :rolleyes:

Perhaps remember to turn on the macro mode when shooting the pics. It will focus more on the objects closer depending on your settings.

First pic is good and another two pics are just to out of focus. :(

yeah I know..my digital camera(FujiFilm S5000) does that when you trying to take a picture of small object up close.. or I'm just a "noob" being a photography :yahoo

oh..I just got this(80G SSD)too..gonna install it on my game machine when I get the chance.. :yahoo still trying to figure out should I clone it(SSD only have 80G, I have over 90G on my C driver) or just do fresh install... :hmm

DSCF2663.jpg

Man, I hope my 4870 doesn't have the same problem down the line.

Perhaps remember to turn on the macro mode when shooting the pics. It will focus more on the objects closer depending on your settings.

or else it's from too much coffee..making my hand shakes like a OLD MAN..

Edited by Pegasus

yeah I know..my digital camera(FujiFilm S5000) does that when you trying to take a picture of small object up close.. or I'm just a "noob" being a photography :yahoo

oh..I just got this(80G SSD)too..gonna install it on my game machine when I get the chance.. :yahoo still trying to figure out should I clone it(SSD only have 80G, I have over 90G on my C driver) or just do fresh install... :hmm

Holla

nice card you got there. I noticed you said the fan broke but if you want a ghetto fix (you might not be able to replace the fan and finding an aftermarket cooler for a dual gpu card is very unlikely), Ziptie 2 92 or 120 mm fans to it (i am serious lol). Tulsa Geoff did that and he actually said it reduced the temps even better than the stock fans that were there before.

http://fearless-assa...h__1#entry58202

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also nice SSD =D. Cloning it will be A-Okay because I just cloned my friends HD to a 64 GB Kingston V series SSD just recently (no problem whatsoever). His hard drive was too big so we deleted all the steam games he had since he could always download them again for free. Damn SSD's are fast. Like less than 14 seconds system startup and opening photoshop takes less than 1 second. The only weird thing is that when trying to run benchmarks like 3dMark and PCmark, it took almost 10-15 seconds more to load the major tests (but the PCmark benchmark rating was much higher and 3dmark made no difference. I'll probably post some results in my blog about it later =D

Holla

nice card you got there. I noticed you said the fan broke but if you want a ghetto fix (you might not be able to replace the fan and finding an aftermarket cooler for a dual gpu card is very unlikely), Ziptie 2 92 or 120 mm fans to it (i am serious lol). Tulsa Geoff did that and he actually said it reduced the temps even better than the stock fans that were there before.

http://fearless-assa...h__1#entry58202

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also nice SSD =D. Cloning it will be A-Okay because I just cloned my friends HD to a 64 GB Kingston V series SSD just recently (no problem whatsoever). His hard drive was too big so we deleted all the steam games he had since he could always download them again for free. Damn SSD's are fast. Like less than 14 seconds system startup and opening photoshop takes less than 1 second. The only weird thing is that when trying to run benchmarks like 3dMark and PCmark, it took almost 10-15 seconds more to load the major tests (but the PCmark benchmark rating was much higher and 3dmark made no difference. I'll probably post some results in my blog about it later =D

thank you..I'm actually running ATI Radeon HD 3870 512MB(which has aftermarket fan) and it sucks..I can feel I'm lagging or bullets doesn't register..oh well.. about my original Graphic Card.. was thinking maybe they don't carry/have any of 4850 in stock anymore..then they can upgrade me to a better one.. Intel did that for my MB earlier this year... :yahoo

have you tried to overclock/tweet SSD yet? that might make lots different ..my plan is using SSD for Windows OS and some softwares.. 2nd HDD for games...etc..maybe I'll use raptor HDD..not really sure yet..

have you tried to overclock/tweet SSD yet? that might make lots different ..my plan is using SSD for Windows OS and some softwares.. 2nd HDD for games...etc..maybe I'll use raptor HDD..not really sure yet..

No me and my friend don't know much about SSD's in general. Its his SSD so if he wants to make any changes its up to him. I did install SSD TWEAKER incase he does want to make the most of his SSD lifespan and speed (most of these settings can just be edited in windows also but its much easier to just download and use this tool)

SSD-Tweaker.jpg

OnionKnight

is this what you were talking about?? :P it's ATI HD 3870..fan broke..but I replace with a ghetto aftermarket one.. :lol: I tried to play cod4 with it running 1920X1080....I can feel the lag..

DSCF2674.jpg

so I went out got an ATI HD 4850 512MB..should run much better..have to wait and see

DSCF2673.jpg

p.s. I also installed SSD earlier today....took me 5 mins to figure out why I couldn't install Windows 7 Ultimate on it..you can't have other HDD hook up while installing...

:) just buy geforce GTX :)

nothing against you...but I had more problems with Nvidia..so I'm staying with ATI

Edited by Pegasus

is this what you were talking about?? :P it's ATI HD 3870..fan broke..but I replace with a ghetto aftermarket one.. :lol: I tried to play cod4 with it running 1920X1080....I can feel the lag..

Lol not really but that is much better than the ghetto solution I posted. What tulsa did was ziptie some high performance case fans to his video card lolll (it worked for him so i was surprized).