Any DevOps practitioners around?

liquidfx

I'd like to start a topic if anyone has any experience in this area on more of the technical side of devops around tools. I've been deep diving into Ansible lately and brushing up on some Go and Powershell. 

I'd like to start a topic if anyone has any experience in this area on more of the technical side of devops around tools. I've been deep diving into Ansible lately and brushing up on some Go and Powershell. 

Yeah, I work DevOps for my job. I don't really like ansible but I guess that's just me probably. I've never used Go or Powershell though.

I've been evaluating alot of the other products like Ansible (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack), my network dudes just started using ansible so I figured I would dive into it since the company I work for is kind of in the infantile stages of adopting DevOps process. I've been doing automation through Powershell a majority of the time since we are a Microsoft Partner and I am finding Go to be really portable. What do you use for tools Symfony?  

I've been evaluating alot of the other products like Ansible (Chef, Puppet, SaltStack), my network dudes just started using ansible so I figured I would dive into it since the company I work for is kind of in the infantile stages of adopting DevOps process. I've been doing automation through Powershell a majority of the time since we are a Microsoft Partner and I am finding Go to be really portable. What do you use for tools Symfony?  

I have to use ansible when necessary at work. We use Jenkins and bitbucket there as well, although I prefer gitlab on my home setup. I also use LXC and Proxmox for containers/virtualization. Other than that I write a lot of my own tools. 

• 2 weeks later...

We (aka me, myself, and I as the sole IT slave for a small business) use Powershell for automation of our Hyper-V servers, SQL servers, etc.

I use it because it's well known, you can write custom scripts and tools for an entirely Windows environment. This way, I don't have to do any training for future employees if I get fired or laid off.

• Like 1

most of our stuff is linux based so PS isn't necessarily useful (plus most of our devs use a linux OS or macOS now). Really the only windows stuff we deal with is sharepoint and ad. I love AD with a passion, though, it makes integration of other portals, APIs, or other tools requiring authentication so much easier