I need computer help

General

Ok guys, so yesturday my dad told me to turn off our computers and T.V because people with NOVEC electric company would experience 'brown outs' possibly. So i just hit the power button and held on all three computers, cuz i just thought itd be easier. Well of all three, THE ONLY DAMN ONE I USE ISNT WORKING!!!!!

I turn it on, everything is fine, it gets to a point where it says 'Windows did not start sucessfully last time or was shut down' and i have safe mode /safe mode with networking/ safe mode with command/Last good known configuration/start windows normally. I tried all of em, it would say windows then the little 3blue bars goin across the screen before you sign in, well part of the way through, it stops, then a blue screen with a bunch of things written on it flashes like a mili-second then the computer starts all over again.

I need help, and probly need the computer store rofl!

You are lucky that only 1 copmuter isn,t working , turning off your PC like that isn,t very good.Some my friends "broke" their PC like that too but everything was fine again when they put new Windows on their computer!

If it was a brownout there is usually not much luck for you... It could be anything from the software to the hardware that's faulty. It sounds like the software but I couldn't tell you for certain. Sounds like you need an expert TBH.

You are lucky that only 1 copmuter isn,t working , turning off your PC like that isn,t very good.Some my friends "broke" their PC like that too but everything was fine again when they put new Windows on their computer!

Turning the computers off like what?

Edited by Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

"hit the power button and held on"

The problem isn't him switching it off by holding the power button its by a drop in voltage called a brownout. I'm sure I'd rather save my comps from a brownout rather than turn them off properly...

How much would a new windows XP cost if thats all i need to do?

I'd probably get someone to check your comp to see if it was the software cause theres no point in buying XP off the bat and for it not to work when you install it. Check the hardware too because as I said it is probably the software but might be the hardware.

Also Here is a link to the windows XP pricing

Edited by Cpt Fudg3 Cak3

I'd probably get someone to check your comp to see if it was the software cause theres no point in buying XP off the bat and for it not to work when you install it. Check the hardware too because as I said it is probably the software but might be the hardware.

Also Here is a link to the windows XP pricing

yea u could do that or upgrade to windows 7

yea u could do that or upgrade to windows 7

Well there's no point in getting new software if his hardware is screwed.

Windows 7 pricing Here

Windows XP pricing Here

(The link I gave before will not work since you are not upgrading from anything and would need a completely new OS)

My damn. And i dont want to upgrade to windows 7. Id have to reinstall EVERYTHING. WoW takes forever luls. But yeah i guess we gotta get it in to computer store. and it suxs cuz they sometimes take forever and idk if i want my dad to find out. He blames me for breaking EVERYTHING. And bw, there was a CHANCE of brown outs but i got my comp turned off before we had one. Our power never even flickered.

My damn. And i dont want to upgrade to windows 7. Id have to reinstall EVERYTHING. WoW takes forever luls. But yeah i guess we gotta get it in to computer store. and it suxs cuz they sometimes take forever and idk if i want my dad to find out. He blames me for breaking EVERYTHING. And bw, there was a CHANCE of brown outs but i got my comp turned off before we had one. Our power never even flickered.

Theres a good chance you screwed up the MBR (Master Boot Record). If you have an XP disc available, you could try to just do a repair instead of a re-format.