New maps on jay 1?

Husa

New maps? C'mon guys, how the hell don't you get bored playing same map every day for few months gosh... That's redicilous, put some new maps so we can have fun.

• Administrators

Unlike you we work, then we deal with petty e-dramas, then we deal wtih 100's of pm's both on forum and in game. Then we have to fix various forum and server issue, deal with more petty e-drama bs, answer another 50 pm's. There are also other factors when choosing maps etc etc etc. But I said it will be done soon and it will. Now leave me the fuk alone.

edit: forgot to put /s for sarcasm. my bad

Perhaps something a little more interesting like setting up a few polls to figure out some map rotations (like sets of 10 to 15 maps), then get about 4 or more of these sets, after that, generate a self-acting script so that every other month (or some community determined time-frame) the script pulls the server for a few minutes as it changes the map rotation to the next random set, then boots the server back up.

It'd be a decent amount of work, but once implemented, you/we would then only have to occasionally vote on altering the sets and time-frame.

But, this is just a crazy idea.

New maps? C'mon guys, how the hell don't you get bored playing same map every day for few months gosh... That's redicilous, put some new maps so we can have fun.

Why, instead of TELLING people what to do, don't you go and find and suggest map's that they put up? And take into consideration the game/server doesn't revolve around you.

Why, instead of TELLING people what to do, don't you go and find and suggest map's that they put up? And take into consideration the game/server doesn't revolve around you.

Stop playing smart guy here, i am not telling to anyone anything to do, it's in suggestion section don't you see? I'm only suggesting it, einstein.

Stop playing smart guy here, i am not telling to anyone anything to do, it's in suggestion section don't you see? I'm only suggesting it, einstein.

put some new maps so we can have fun.

That's telling them to do it. They know people want new map's. Suggest them, not suggest that we get new map's. What good does that do?<_<

Gimme your facking objectivecycle.cfg and FTP and will do the new maps. Meanwhile concentrate on your petty e-drama bs :lol:

yea I guess you would put the maps YOU like and not the maps the majority of people like. See this is the problem. Adding maps to a server isn't really easy. The 1st time you do it, it's not so bad. The 2nd time you put new maps, they come directly from suggestions. The 3rd time, you try to change the maps because you get LAME posts like this that has no point and piss lead admins off.

Each time you change the maps, someone will complain. Each time you don't change the map for a while someone will submit LAME complaints (see this post). So no matter what you do and how hard you try it will never end up good.

For everyone to be happy, you have to take each map you want to replace and find a map similar to that one. So when somebody come here and complain, you can say: hey the map xxx is almost the same thing as the map yyy check it out.

Now stop this LAME topic, take 5 hours of your gaming time for once and do something the lead would do:

1. Note all the maps jaymod has

2. Find a site with maps and a good description

3. Find the maps that look similar (size of the maps, number of objectives, who will have fun, easy to understand, huge areas, closed areas)

4. Download those maps to your computer

5. Open objectivecycle.cfg from your etmain folder and make it reflect the maps you chose

6. Start your own home server (you can find examples on the net)

7. Try to find people to try the maps with you

8. Remove the maps that has no sense or where you think it would lag

9. Make a beautiful post explaining each map and the reason why they should replace which map

Have fun.

• Like 2

yea I guess you would put the maps YOU like and not the maps the majority of people like. See this is the problem. Adding maps to a server isn't really easy. The 1st time you do it, it's not so bad. The 2nd time you put new maps, they come directly from suggestions. The 3rd time, you try to change the maps because you get LAME posts like this that has no point and piss lead admins off.

Each time you change the maps, someone will complain. Each time you don't change the map for a while someone will submit LAME complaints (see this post). So no matter what you do and how hard you try it will never end up good.

For everyone to be happy, you have to take each map you want to replace and find a map similar to that one. So when somebody come here and complain, you can say: hey the map xxx is almost the same thing as the map yyy check it out.

Now stop this LAME topic, take 5 hours of your gaming time for once and do something the lead would do:

1. Note all the maps jaymod has

2. Find a site with maps and a good description

3. Find the maps that look similar (size of the maps, number of objectives, who will have fun, easy to understand, huge areas, closed areas)

4. Download those maps to your computer

5. Open objectivecycle.cfg from your etmain folder and make it reflect the maps you chose

6. Start your own home server (you can find examples on the net)

7. Try to find people to try the maps with you

8. Remove the maps that has no sense or where you think it would lag

9. Make a beautiful post explaining each map and the reason why they should replace which map

Have fun.

The best post on this topic so far. Well done.

Problem is people dont really wanna know the work it takes to run a community such as ours.

Lets all just be PATIENT and do our jobs as members(populating the server and forums) and leave the other things to those that are responsible for it.