How to Run ET at Any Custom Resolution (1080p or more) - Enemy Territory

Entanglement

Hey guys, i don't know if this is just a repetition, i have looked into the tutorial section and didn't find such a tutorial, so if this is just a repetition please forgive me, anyway let's get into it.

If you're not playing ET at the resolution it should be played at (the resolution of your monitor), than this is for you.

First go to Et shortcut ( from where you run the game ) and click Properties and then go to Shortcut tab. You should see something like this This (image). Now go to Target where you should see the following code :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe"
Now we want to add something to that code, but first let's make the code we want to add, the following is an example of my monitor running at 1600x900.

+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1600" +r_customheight "900" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart
So if your monitor is running at 1920x1080, it would be :

+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart
i'm sure you get it by now, you just have to replace those numbers by the ones that your monitor runs at, alright now that our code is ready, just add it after the first code given above, so the final format would be :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "YOUR NUMBER" +r_customheight "YOUR NUMBER" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart
Edited by Fearless Staff
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, roro said:

what about 1440 p?
i got 2 k monitor
so can i run 2k with 144 hz on full screen mode?

sure

seta r_mode "-1"
seta r_customwidth "2560"    
seta r_customheight "1440"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roro said:

thanks for replay. i will try it. but when i try it before . i didnt get full screen in 1920x1080 on 2K monitor. but when i try it on 1080p  monitors it works any resolotioun.

As far as I know, you won't get fullscreen at 1920x1080 with a 2k monitor - it needs to be 2560x1440.

8 hours ago, roro said:

i got amd card 5700xt win 10 64.
144 hz not work in ET any resolution .
when i open et 144 hz auto change to 60 hz

try

seta r_displayRefresh "144"

6 hours ago, ElEl said:

As far as I know, you won't get fullscreen at 1920x1080 with a 2k monitor - it needs to be 2560x1440.

I have a 2k screen and et works in full screen with no troubles at any resolution 1440p/1080p/720p 😉

• Like 1

Ah yeah I was thinking he had it in windowed mode for some reason. Gotta to learn to read 😛.

Roro, if you set it to 2560x1440 and it still gives you trouble, check that you have windows scaling turned off. I've seen people have that issue quite a few times.

• Like 1

''SOLVED''
yes guys thanks and solved with this command
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "2560" +r_customheight "1440" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart
full screen + 144 hz working good

a new amd cards has some fps drops 
solved it whit this 
r_primitives 2

• Like 1
  • 100 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/2/2017 at 8:10 AM, Entanglement said:

Hey guys, i don't know if this is just a repetition, i have looked into the tutorial section and didn't find such a tutorial, so if this is just a repetition please forgive me, anyway let's get into it.

If you're not playing ET at the resolution it should be played at (the resolution of your monitor), than this is for you.

First go to Et shortcut ( from where you run the game ) and click Properties and then go to Shortcut tab. You should see something like this This (image). Now go to Target where you should see the following code :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe"

Now we want to add something to that code, but first let's make the code we want to add, the following is an example of my monitor running at 1600x900.

+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1600" +r_customheight "900" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

So if your monitor is running at 1920x1080, it would be :

+r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

i'm sure you get it by now, you just have to replace those numbers by the ones that your monitor runs at, alright now that our code is ready, just add it after the first code given above, so the final format would be :

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "YOUR NUMBER" +r_customheight "YOUR NUMBER" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

Hey I know this is an old thread but I did have a question.

I got it to work in 1080p so thank you. However in game I can't see all of the menu's it's like I am zoomed in.

What am I missing?

• Leader

Hi!

what is your resolution? you run it in fullscreen or windowed mode?

How did you got it to work in 1080p? you changed it in your cfg or in your ET shortcut? Can you copy / paste the modification you made plz

Edited by rambozo37

33 minutes ago, rambozo37 said:

Hi!

what is your resolution? you run it in fullscreen or windowed mode?

How did you got it to work in 1080p? you changed it in your cfg or in your ET shortcut? Can you copy / paste the modification you made plz

Hey thank you for getting back to me. I figured it out.

Windows 10 Scaling was set to %125 dialing that back to %100 fixed it,

I can't wait to play again.

I used the ET shortcut.... "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\New folder\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

• Leader
Just now, PK MD said:

Hey thank you for getting back to me. I figured it out.

Windows 10 Scaling was set to %125 dialing that back to %100 fixed it,

I can't wait to play again.

I used the ET shortcut.... "C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\New folder\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe" +r_mode "-1" +r_customwidth "1920" +r_customheight "1080" +cg_fov "115" +set com_hunkmegs "768" +vid_restart

That would have been my second guess windows scaling :P

Glad you figured it out and can play with us :)