Resolution Help

Krayzie

So, I've had this issue before when I first had to set up my 60inch LG plasma monitor for my computer. Moved in with my girlfriend, and can't get it to work right on her Samsung tv.

Its set to 16:9 1920x1080 which is native resolution on this TV and it doesn't fit the screen. Tried changing underscan/overscan to no avail. I can get the computer screen to fit the TV screen until I adjust the screen size to 1786x982. Obviously, it makes the content on the TV not look as great, and this PC is used as a media hub most the time. What am I missing?

GFX card is Nvidia 660Ti

CPU is i5 3570k

16GB Ram

TV is Samung rear projection, will have to look up model number and TV size in a bit, but its around a 60 inch as well.

Did you try going into the NVidia control panel? The non-geforce experience one? Right-click desktop --> Nvidia CP

I think there should be a setting in there for Adjust Desktop Size and Position.... 

I have tried in both the Nvidia control panel (right click), the display properties with right click, as well as trying to change the zoom level on the TV.

Alright, I'll try that in a little. Don't wanna kick the midget off her Sunday morning cartoons yet. She's being quiet lmao.

That link wont work for the life of me. Redirects to alibet.net which I know isn't the correct site. Leads me to believe I have a virus as well, but can't find on in Housecall or Malwarebytes.

That link wont work for the life of me. Redirects to alibet.net which I know isn't the correct site. Leads me to believe I have a virus as well, but can't find on in Housecall or Malwarebytes.

It's redirecting me too ^.^ So link is bad, not your pc. :3 

Oh... and looking for alternate downloads.. says the tool only works for certain chipsets... which means pre-2007 stuff because that's when it was released. 

Well I even tried the tool from an alternate source an it always tells me when i install I need administrative peivelages. I'm like um, I am the admin. Only account on this computer and network. Me. Only me. Lol. But 1768 by 992 or some shit like that is fitting right...

• Administrators

In my TV their is selection which says you are connecting from PC. That fixed my issue. I had same issue. By any chance you can share the model number of your TV? 

Samsung HL-S6187W. It's an odd 61 inch tv. I didn't see anything for connecting from a computer in its options.

• Administrators

Your TV's PSIZE options are Wide Fit, 16:9, 4:3, Zoom 1, Zoom 2. It looks like one of the Zoom modes let's you size the pic.

Try Wide Fit? Play around with over scan settings in your TV. 

Also try to detect the TV first in your Nvidia CP. Then put the correct resolution on it. IIRC this BS is because of some over scanning stuff. I had that as well till I figure out I got PC mode and use it and I can see full screen. 

I was looking for the zoom options but wasn't able to find them on the remote or in the settinga in the menu. Currently it's on 16:9. Wide was making it go even further over the edge. But will try that and see if over/underscan will do anything this time as prior it seemed to have no effect on the picture size. Nvidia detects it as a Samsung tv but that's it.