Need suggestion - For new server

daredevil

Choose your choices carefully.  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your choices carefully.

• Keep the tight hitbox system on our 20 slot. - Present setting of server.
    • Keep the hitbox system which is on our 44 slot server.
    • Change the mode to Etpub since I like Etpub mode more then Jaymod.

• Administrators

It was running nightly build of Etpub for few weeks before i turned it back to 8.1. Nightly build had K/D tracking issues.

@Number i was thinking for it.. but it seems NQ has tons of issues even doing !showbans crashes server sometimes. I was actually thinking for it to turn hardcore to NQ but 1.2.3 NQ has tons of issue. I might give a shot for once. The only thing i hate is their hunkmegs problem. You need to force each client on using 128 hunkmegs.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
I'm not sure. We haven't run a NQ server in a number of years. It was a good mod then though.

Did you tried their so called etpro hitbox? Are they really Etpro style? If yes i will give it a shot once back. Do you know any server using that hitbox? If yes and if possible pm me server IP and we can test it out and we can turn hardcore to NQ. But what about it's antilag? Is it same of Etpro too? Because thats the key thing in hitbox detection.

I love hardcore. But one question.

In pub it is very hard to go over 2.00 k/d. only good players go above.

but in hardcore even a normal player has 2.00 above. Why is that ? it is easy to kill mode ?

:hmm:hmm:hmm

hardcore hasnt got a lot of people playin on it most of time, bots are easy to kill, so get inflated k/d ratings, I had 11 or 12 early on when server was new :)

I'm not sure. We haven't run a NQ server in a number of years. It was a good mod then though.

Did you tried their so called etpro hitbox? Are they really Etpro style? If yes i will give it a shot once back. Do you know any server using that hitbox? If yes and if possible pm me server IP and we can test it out and we can turn hardcore to NQ. But what about it's antilag? Is it same of Etpro too? Because thats the key thing in hitbox detection.

Back when I was running a NQ server, I preferred it to ETPub because of it's versatility, but at that time it was still a basic mod, none of the updated textures and such that most NQ servers have now. The ETPro style hitboxes and antilag were pretty good at the time, preferable to ETPub at the time. I don't know of anywhere that uses them. However, I think ETPub's hitboxes and antilag are pretty damn good now. I'd be willing to help test an NQ server if you want to set it up.

• Administrators

If everyone would like to go for NQ we can change it to NQ. I would like to see more suggestions on this one.

heres my idea, try to put the etpro hitboxes on all servers :D the current ones are just too easy :o but all in all, im an etpub fan since its the closest thing to .6bs etpro i can find, .55s etpro servers are dead, pretty much non existant, and the ones that are considered etpro, are running etpub, so like i said, pretty much non existant

• Administrators
heres my idea, try to put the etpro hitboxes on all servers :D

You can't put Etpro hitboxes on any server except Etpro. Etpro is closed source mode.

i knew, i meant etproish hitboxes, similar to etpro, idk, i ramble, use the etpub ones you actually have to aim with those, not just, "luck shoot"

• Administrators
i knew, i meant etproish hitboxes, similar to etpro, idk, i ramble, use the etpub ones you actually have to aim with those, not just, "luck shoot"

show me the settings of hitbox in which people actually have to aim and in which no "luck shot" exist. I will put those on right away. :D

the ones on your etpub server, i think theyre the ones in the first pic on the first page, not sure tho, but yeah, the ones on ur etpub server are nice.