SLAC

hobbit

• 2 months later...

slac has zero lags atall. ive never had a problem with it far as i knew was etpro only. but if you guys get it its cool. atm its client side only just the exe but i think hes going to make it serverside so you cant get on server without slac, this will be good if it works. a lot of cheaters i have pl;ayed 2.6b refuse to play slac yet they think there med skilled and there scared. its funny how many people are to scared to use it.

anyways running et and slac is perfect bring on the bans!

I don't trust chaplja, after he coded/helped code that linux multihack (to void the damn censor). and everything else.

Who is more capable of building an anti-cheat system than one who coded/tested hacks? It is unavoidable -- you MUST have in-depth knowledge of the hacks you are preventing in order to actually prevent them. PB is becoming more and more of a joke every day, so I see this as very promising and definitely a positive thing. I liked what someone posted on Crossfire.. they said something like "the worst case scenario is that he builds a private hack while building SLAC that is undetectable by SLAC, but at least then all other hacks will be dealt with." Think about all the hacks that are out there.. not just wallhacks and aimbots, but others that many of you probably have no idea are in existence. With SLAC, it may be possible to eliminate nearly all hacking from ET.

• Administrators

Who is more capable of building an anti-cheat system than one who coded/tested hacks? It is unavoidable -- you MUST have in-depth knowledge of the hacks you are preventing in order to actually prevent them. PB is becoming more and more of a joke every day, so I see this as very promising and definitely a positive thing. I liked what someone posted on Crossfire.. they said something like "the worst case scenario is that he builds a private hack while building SLAC that is undetectable by SLAC, but at least then all other hacks will be dealt with." Think about all the hacks that are out there.. not just wallhacks and aimbots, but others that many of you probably have no idea are in existence. With SLAC, it may be possible to eliminate nearly all hacking from ET.

Its called monopolizing the ET cheat market.

Maybe, but that wasn't what I was worried about. I'm much more worried about backdoors into my computer, or him slipping a keyboard logger in, something like that (remember the nC leak? how all their cheats were logging all sorts of things on the computers of the people who had purchased them?), and there's no review of code by any trusted third party - that I can see, at least. Perhaps that's taken care of by his contract with Speed Link, but I'm still leary of SLAC. Luckily, I don't play comp anymore, so I don't need to run it.

Its funny how i dl'ed SLAC the day its released for public use and i get a nice trojan that pops up right after. For now ive got rid of it and am waiting for it to be whitelisted.

Maybe, but that wasn't what I was worried about. I'm much more worried about backdoors into my computer, or him slipping a keyboard logger in, something like that (remember the nC leak? how all their cheats were logging all sorts of things on the computers of the people who had purchased them?), and there's no review of code by any trusted third party - that I can see, at least. Perhaps that's taken care of by his contract with Speed Link, but I'm still leary of SLAC. Luckily, I don't play comp anymore, so I don't need to run it.

Since Speed Link is funding the project, I can't see them allowing any corruption to occur..

Its funny how i dl'ed SLAC the day its released for public use and i get a nice trojan that pops up right after. For now ive got rid of it and am waiting for it to be whitelisted.

My anti-virus claims to find trojans in many clean programs lol..

Also, if you read the list of questions on Crossfire.. Chaplja even said, "Some anti-viruses make false positives, but when we get to a stable version when there won't be updates every day, I'll submit files for white-listing."

I been testing slac on etpro and answering a few questions i read in the topic:

1) it havent lag for me yet. i also have to say that pb never lagged either for me.

2) there will be a server version, so it could be cool if fa implemented it.

3) since atm it uses silent bans , its funny to see how many nabs in etpro wont play scrims with slac on, they suddenly "skill drop"

4) i cant wait for slac to be fully finished and working, just to shut some mouths and to finally have a clean etpro scene.

5) for that trojan pop up some guy had, ...its explained in the read me of slac, antivirus detects it as a virus....cuz is explained there lo.-

cya.

torm