SLAC

hobbit

For those of you interested in the new Anti-cheat for ET, here is a few questions and answers about it.

Linky

The ET community has been crying out for a new system to prevent cheating for years, if not for the entire lifespan of the game. Punkbuster has clearly let the entire community down. Now a perfect alternative has stood up by the name of SpeedLink AntiCheat (SLAC).

Just like any security expert, Chaplja has experience in how cheats are made and is arguably the best in the entire scene, thus the perfect man for the job.

Question for Dare: Will F|A use SLAC once its full version is released?

We should give it a try :D Maybe it will reduce PB lags and such :D

I believe it won't cause as much lag as PB. It might not even lag at all, but as it is connected to the net, it most likely will drain some bandwidth.

as i understood this program and pb cant be used at the same time so my conclusion is Punkbuster lags wont be felt AT ALL!! :D:D

But SLAC might lag aswell, as its connected to the net.

SLAC doesn't make sense for pub servers because you can't download the files in-game, and you have to register an account to use it, although it would be nice if it weren't that way.

True, + im also hearing it might be ETPro only.

True, + im also hearing it might be ETPro only.

I doubt that the mod will matter. I'll be running a short cup with it as soon as it gets whitelisted by anti-viruses, so everybody who has been accused can prove themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

SLAC is a brand new anti-cheat made by Chaplja, financed by Speed-Link.

The ET community has been crying out for a new system to prevent cheating for years, if not for the entire lifespan of the game. Punkbuster has clearly let the entire community down. Now a perfect alternative has stood up by the name of SpeedLink AntiCheat (SLAC).

Just like any security expert, Chaplja has experience in how cheats are made and is arguably the best in the entire scene, thus the perfect man for the job.

He has now released the first open-beta of SLAC, which is available for download and testing. Show your support by joining #speedlink.anticheat and reporting any bugs or issues you might encounter.

SLAC will be used in all the upcoming Clanbase competitions and will act as a perfect replacement for the Punkbuster anti-cheat database.

I've made up a list of questions that might be apparent with the release of a new anti-cheat system, and Chaplja himself supplied me with the answers.

more info http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=5806

SLAC is a brand new anti-cheat made by Chaplja, financed by Speed-Link.

He has now released the first open-beta of SLAC, which is available for download and testing. Show your support by joining #speedlink.anticheat and reporting any bugs or issues you might encounter.

SLAC will be used in all the upcoming Clanbase competitions and will act as a perfect replacement for the Punkbuster anti-cheat database.

I've made up a list of questions that might be apparent with the release of a new anti-cheat system, and Chaplja himself supplied me with the answers.

more info http://www.crossfire.nu/?x=news&mode=item&id=5806

I just downloaded it and I tried to use it, it says to me: missing sglhook149.dll file from local directory , I tried to find solution in google but nothing at all, is there anything to do with antivirus?

• Administrators

I just downloaded it and I tried to use it, it says to me: missing sglhook149.dll file from local directory , I tried to find solution in google but nothing at all, is there anything to do with antivirus?

This is for serverside