et legacy

0aporte

Ok so, my experiance with it, downloaded it today, it's cool, run smoothly, way better play on it/ less lag, kinda strange feeling when you walk on map screen is shaking like actuall walk, it's kinda harder to aim, way more 'realistic' than ordinary et..BUT had problems with uploading and using my cfg (doesnt upload whole cfg, tryed to re-install but nothing) so switched back to old ET..

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Ok so, my experiance with it, downloaded it today, it's cool, run smoothly, way better play on it/ less lag, kinda strange feeling when you walk on map screen is shaking like actuall walk, it's kinda harder to aim, way more 'realistic' than ordinary et..BUT had problems with uploading and using my cfg (doesnt upload whole cfg, tryed to re-install but nothing) so switched back to old ET..

Are you using the same config? I mean how can it give 'less lag' then the normal one...

imho you are using a different config... they did a nice job fixing some bugs here and there and adding some features, now I always respect people's work, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they changed the whole code... it's still ET with some fixes, some of them are actually irrelevant because afaik etlegacy has also a mod but if you play Jaymod, Silent, etc. you aren't using that part of etlegacy but just the engine. Then you have the server... in other words when it comes to erally playing you won't notice much, and if you do it means your config is not the same.

When I tried it back then I didn't see any difference with the normal ET when it comes both to fps and everything that really counts to players. ET Xreal was a bit faster, but it's not developed anymore I think.

If you want to use etlegacy with your config, do /writeconfig somename.cfg then copy it to etlegacy and /exec somename.cfg /vid_restart

• Like 1

Are you using the same config? I mean how can it give 'less lag' then the normal one...

imho you are using a different config... they did a nice job fixing some bugs here and there and adding some features, now I always respect people's work, don't get me wrong, but it's not like they changed the whole code... it's still ET with some fixes, some of them are actually irrelevant because afaik etlegacy has also a mod but if you play Jaymod, Silent, etc. you aren't using that part of etlegacy but just the engine. Then you have the server... in other words when it comes to erally playing you won't notice much, and if you do it means your config is not the same.

When I tried it back then I didn't see any difference with the normal ET when it comes both to fps and everything that really counts to players. ET Xreal was a bit faster, but it's not developed anymore I think.

If you want to use etlegacy with your config, do /writeconfig somename.cfg then copy it to etlegacy and /exec somename.cfg /vid_restart

Withh all respect but I DID do /writeconfig bo0m.cfg copied it to et legacy executed it and did vid restart. I don't know much abot pc stuff but this i do know. And still half of my cmds from origin cdg was missin. I tryed uninstalled all over again same thing. On regular et works fine on legacy only half. And YES on legacy maps were dwnloaded faster faster connect/reconnect my lagometer was fine no spijes etc. Dont k ow how is that possible but I don't have reason to lie.

Regards

• Clan Friend

I don't have reason to lie

I didn't call you a liar, only it happens that some things like lag have random changes and people who are not used to thinking in a certain way could say it's because they changed something in their config or they used something different, while in reality it's just a coincidence.

It's like that old experiment where you offer the same drink in 2 different glasses and you say to people it's 2 different things, and they start tellin yeah, this one tastes better, etc.etc. while in reality it comes from the same bottle.

I don't have the time to download and install etlegacy right now, but what you described when you said 'strange feeling when you walk on map screen is shaking like actuall walk' to me sounds like the usual cvars like cg_bobroll are set to their default. So I immediately thought about a config problem.

When people say 'I have a config', and such things, very often they don't set a lot of cvars, in my config almost everything is set to a value, so when I load, say, etlegacy, I have the same settings. If you have a config where you change only a copule of things (and also afaik etlegacy uses different folders if I remember correctly) maybe etlegacy has a higher default for some value like memory, and then you say 'it loads faster', etc.

Then I try it (and my config is already optimized) and I see no difference. Because the reason why it loads faster is you don't have it properly set in your standard ET, and you take advantage of etlegacy having some things pre-set with better values you could use even in regular ET.

It's not about being 'a liar' it's that, as you said yourself, when you don't know much about pc stuff and configs, then these things happen. For example when ppl talk about differences in sensitivity between mods and stuff like this, that never happened to me because I use the same config everywhere.

• Like 1

I didn't call you a liar, only it happens that some things like lag have random changes and people who are not used to thinking in a certain way could say it's because they changed something in their config or they used something different, while in reality it's just a coincidence.

It's like that old experiment where you offer the same drink in 2 different glasses and you say to people it's 2 different things, and they start tellin yeah, this one tastes better, etc.etc. while in reality it comes from the same bottle.

I don't have the time to download and install etlegacy right now, but what you described when you said 'strange feeling when you walk on map screen is shaking like actuall walk' to me sounds like the usual cvars like cg_bobroll are set to their default. So I immediately thought about a config problem.

When people say 'I have a config', and such things, very often they don't set a lot of cvars, in my config almost everything is set to a value, so when I load, say, etlegacy, I have the same settings. If you have a config where you change only a copule of things (and also afaik etlegacy uses different folders if I remember correctly) maybe etlegacy has a higher default for some value like memory, and then you say 'it loads faster', etc.

Then I try it (and my config is already optimized) and I see no difference. Because the reason why it loads faster is you don't have it properly set in your standard ET, and you take advantage of etlegacy having some things pre-set with better values you could use even in regular ET.

It's not about being 'a liar' it's that, as you said yourself, when you don't know much about pc stuff and configs, then these things happen. For example when ppl talk about differences in sensitivity between mods and stuff like this, that never happened to me because I use the same config everywhere.

Thank you for your time and explanation, well I only know one thing for sure, I uninstalled legacy and won't use it ever again :D I was just curious tbh.. Siwex guided me for that cfg stuff but It just didn't work to me.. But If you know you can help me with one thing, in my cfg is setted 2.20 mouse sens. When i open settings and try to reduce it and go back play, it automaticly put's back 2.20 sens.. Do you know some cmd or maybe how can I remove that in the cfg file itself, I would be more than gratefull. And once again thnx for your post, It was not my intention to be rude, I was just irritated couse I was guided from person who uses legacy from the day it was out, and it just didn't worked for me.

Best regards

• Clan Friend

it automaticly put's back 2.20 sens..

It's hard to tell where this happens, it could be in several places...

Make sure you don't have a 'sensitivity' command in some of your binds, for example when you press a key or mouse button your sens goes to a certain value, for example let's say something like:

bind mouse1 +attack;sensitivity 2.20

You should open yuor autoexec.cfg and any file that is exec'd from there with a text editor, and then look for the word 'sensitivity', or run a command to search that text in all the .cfg files you have in your folders and subfolders, that would be easier

Do you have an autoexec.cfg? if yes, does it contain 'exec' commands loading other files? If not then check just your etconfig.cfg in your profiles folder for the mod you play.

It was not my intention to be rude

You didn't write anything rude anywhere, hopefully I didn't sound like a smartass instead :P

It's hard to tell where this happens, it could be in several places...

Make sure you don't have a 'sensitivity' command in some of your binds, for example when you press a key or mouse button your sens goes to a certain value, for example let's say something like:

bind mouse1 +attack;sensitivity 2.20

You should open yuor autoexec.cfg and any file that is exec'd from there with a text editor, and then look for the word 'sensitivity', or run a command to search that text in all the .cfg files you have in your folders and subfolders, that would be easier

Do you have an autoexec.cfg? if yes, does it contain 'exec' commands loading other files? If not then check just your etconfig.cfg in your profiles folder for the mod you play.

You didn't write anything rude anywhere, hopefully I didn't sound like a smartass instead :P

Daamn m8 it's too late for this you know? :D This cfg is 9 years old and tbh i don't wanna mess with it now couse i adapted myself aka after few hours of playing I'm just gettin used to such sens and it works perfectly (highest fragger + most hs's ) so I'm satisfied! Maybe when you come to croatia you can come and play with my pc haha. Couse if i start I would only make a mess you know. I can only give ya an answer yeah I do have autoexec.cfg just checked and that's all I know. But as I said, I got used to cfg so it's all cool . But thank you for your effort. And no you don't sound like a smartass, you are one hehe. Thnx m8.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

i use it when 2.60b doesn't work. i've installed et on a bunch of different machines with varying hardware/built in graphics, and some of them just don't like 2.60b. etlegacy works better for those. iirc it worked better for me with a laptop with a low ghz amd apu, and an old desktop with a super cheap nvidia gpu.