W:ET - Gamma(up/down)

croZz

This is for sublime!

bind “KP_PLUS†“vstr gupâ€

bind “KP_MINUS†“vstr gdnâ€

set gdn vstr gamma00

set gup vstr gamma01

set gamma00 “set r_gamma 0.9;set gdn vstr gamma00;set gup vstr gamma01;echo ^2Gamma^1MIN^n========â€

set gamma01 “set r_gamma 1.0;set gdn vstr gamma00;set gup vstr gamma02;echo ^2Gamma^n=^1|^n=========â€

set gamma02 “set r_gamma 1.1;set gdn vstr gamma01;set gup vstr gamma03;echo ^2Gamma^n==^1|^n========â€

set gamma03 “set r_gamma 1.2;set gdn vstr gamma02;set gup vstr gamma04;echo ^2Gamma^n===^1|^n=======â€

set gamma04 “set r_gamma 1.3;set gdn vstr gamma03;set gup vstr gamma05;echo ^2Gamma^n====^1|^n======â€

set gamma05 “set r_gamma 1.4;set gdn vstr gamma04;set gup vstr gamma06;echo ^2Gamma^n=====^1|^n=====â€

set gamma06 “set r_gamma 1.5;set gdn vstr gamma05;set gup vstr gamma07;echo ^2Gamma^n======^1|^n====â€

set gamma07 “set r_gamma 1.6;set gdn vstr gamma06;set gup vstr gamma08;echo ^2Gamma^n=======^1|^n===â€

set gamma08 “set r_gamma 1.7;set gdn vstr gamma07;set gup vstr gamma09;echo ^2Gamma^n========^1|^n==â€

set gamma09 “set r_gamma 1.8;set gdn vstr gamma08;set gup vstr gamma10;echo ^2Gamma^n=========^1|^n=â€

set gamma10 “set r_gamma 1.9;set gdn vstr gamma09;set gup vstr gamma10;echo ^2Gamma^n==========^1MAXâ€

to be able to modify gamma ingame you must have r_ignorehwgamma set to "0", like :

seta r_ignorehwgamma "0"

well u can change it with ignorehwgamma 1 too, just need to vid restart after r_gamma changes.

well u can change it with ignorehwgamma 1 too, just need to vid restart after r_gamma changes.

with r_ignorehwgamma 0 you won't need to do vid_restart after each new gamma changing which is better, also this way you can see in real time gamma changing...

Buy some hax and you dont have to worry about changing gamma

+1 ^^

• Administrators

Buy some hax and you dont have to worry about changing gamma :P

Never take suggestion from Hobbit. he is just waiting to ban people when they get busted. :)

with r_ignorehwgamma 0 you won't need to do vid_restart after each new gamma changing which is better, also this way you can see in real time gamma changing...

i know that but graph mostly sucks, at least for etpro i needed to change it into ignorehwgamma 1 and get myself better graph also everytime i made minimize and came back to the game, it was dark, so needed to use this gamma changer everytime to make it back.

Gamma isn't the only thing that can make your game brighter. /r_overbrightbits and /r_mapoverbrightbits help too

Edited by Razz

• Administrators

It gives added benefit if you use gamma more then 3 with some other settings. I am not going in detail but yes we restricted gamma, intensity and few other things so all players can play fair without having added benefit of legal wallhacks. :P

You want see those restrictions on all W:ET servers because 60% server in W:ET don't even run any single cheat scans. So, choose your server wisely. :)

i know that but graph mostly sucks, at least for etpro i needed to change it into ignorehwgamma 1 and get myself better graph also everytime i made minimize and came back to the game, it was dark, so needed to use this gamma changer everytime to make it back.

well Razz is right there is more cvars to control the light then gamma and ignorehwgamma, so let me list those i think will change the game light... personally i did spend 5 minutes trying on mlb_temple changing different setting until i found the best setting for me, I think once you set the right light on temple or maybe fueldump you will have a good light on all maps

r_gamma "3" //0 to 3, if ignorhwgamma set to 1 you need vid_restart
r_ignorehwgamma "1"	//0 or 1 	
r_overbrightbits "1" // 0 or 1
r_mapoverbrightbits "3" //1 to 3 
r_intensity "1.2" //1 to 1.5 

ok thank you lol

im just trying to make a really good cfg for myself. but the main reason i posted this was cus sublim randomly asked me right away when i joined the server lol.

so i posted the topic to help him out.

but good to know more stuff about this topic was added.

:thanks