Brightness changed suddenly

Hey guys!

I deleted my profile in W:ET on my PC and suddenly my brightness on PC changed

(also ingame but that is solved).

Now it's like the sun shines out from my PC xD. Do you know why and can help me?

I have Windows 8.1

Regards,

SadNesS

Does this persist over (several) reboot(s)? I used to have this problem myself but I managed to get rid of it after reboot.

Also try to change r_overbrightbits and r_gamma and see what changes it causes to your desktop.

/JoNny

• Like 1

Ingame it is solved! But is that normal if set ingame the brightness to lower point that my PC changed the settings too?

I mean if i set it to lower brightness ingame that my PC also have lower brightness?

Also after reboot i have this Problem :/ on my PC!

Edited by SadNesS

Seems like you crashed your game by maybe updating some of your files / folders?

Usually your pc gamma value will be changed as well, so if you go to the windowed format (fullscreen 0) your pc should be brighter if you've also set it in et, though, if you quit ET, your pc should normally return to its old gamma value.

/JoNny

I had the same problem,game crashed and left me with a white ass screen,if i remember,unplugging screens power fixed it,if you're using laptop,then sorry :P 

Now it seems wired.. If i change settings ingame, all effects to my PC too. I changed brightness ingame

and my PC brightness change too. Then i quit ET made a restart and nothing changed. Now i tried it again,

and no matter wich setting i change, the same happen on my PC too.   LoL, it's somehow funny but sad too.

Now it seems wired.. If i change settings ingame, all effects to my PC too. I changed brightness ingame

and my PC brightness change too. Then i quit ET made a restart and nothing changed. Now i tried it again,

and no matter wich setting i change, the same happen on my PC too.   LoL, it's somehow funny but sad too.

Just as I expected, only that it should return to normal brightness after quitting ET. There seems to be a bug that crashes the re-setting. Tried re-installing graphix drivers?

/JoNny

I fixed XPSave thingy! I downloaded new ETkey (2 times) and now it works!

Also i installed new ET. But the same problem still remains... ok now it

do not look like if the sun shine out of my PC xD but it looks like if you

turn on the light on and focus to Monitor :D

I will try to re-install the graphic drivers!

So, i re-installed the drivers and you won't believe what happend!

The PC didn't find the Graphics Card anymore, so it was setted the

onboard :blink:

I made a System Restore and now it's solved with the Graphics Card

but still not the Problem in ET :/

Do you have maybe other solution?

If it couldn't find your graphics card, it's probably not set properly. Open your pc and check that it's really connected. Then try again.

/JoNny

So - how did you download & install your graphical drivers? i.e. Windows update? 

What video card do you have? How do you run Windows (i.e. compatibility mode? Administrator access? etc).

Here's something I experience, whenever I enable my second monitor - disable it later - play ET my game will always be darker - after restarts it'll be back to normal. Screens have color configurations which the OS works with - re-plugging the cable makes the OS reset those color configurations to the screen's default - that's why that fixed it for you.

Give us more info's and we'll be able to help you better.