Are these ads shown to everyone or is it just me?

Saw sincity's topic about the new Windows 10 background, and I noticed some stupid "Promoted content" images that linked to news articles or wherever (didn't click them myself).
I'm wondering if this is something that was picked up by the crawler, or if I have some sort of adware on my computer.

Link to topic: http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/72725-windows-10-replaces-blissful-desktop-for-dark-smoky-background/
SS from my PC:post-9897-0-02524100-1435468096_thumb.jpg

I see them too, homie.

I believe it's however Sincity's setup, that's it automated adspam for clicks. I don't know if dare gets any profits from it or not.

I don't click on sincity links anymore because of this. Every time I do the ads gotta do their thing and f***ing slow/lock the browser down for a few seconds. Whatever site it's loading from, or how it chooses to load these, sucks ass.

If u are implementing onto the bold highlighted url text, then that's mostly a adware that u picked up somewhere along the path, i do not have anything like that on the forums and i don't think Dare set anything like that up as well for promotion, i might be wrong, but then again, i would have had it as well. U might want to check or remember since when this is happening and check under installed programs at control pannel at that particular day which programs u installed.

I have had this problem at past as well and it was normally just some adware that came up with some program, there's plenty of fixes around the net to get rid of it.

If u are implementing onto the bold highlighted url text, then that's mostly a adware that u picked up somewhere along the path, i do not have anything like that on the forums and i don't think Dare set anything like that up as well for promotion, i might be wrong, but then again, i would have had it as well. U might want to check or remember since when this is happening and check under installed programs at control pannel at that particular day which programs u installed.

I have had this problem at past as well and it was normally just some adware that came up with some program, there's plenty of fixes around the net to get rid of it.

The highlighted words looks like a search function thing.

Like when you say, search for the word donkey-boner on the forums, if you click on a thread that has that word, anywhere donkey-boner was posted will be highlighted to make it easier to find.

The ads he's talking about are the ones at the bottom of the post (three of them together, the first one saying "You`ll Never Believe Where...")

@Xernicus Looking into it, it's part of an RSS Feed. Probably bundled in conjunction with the sites sincity gets this news from, or part of its automated program thing. I'm not a tech genius so that's all you get out of me.

The highlighted words looks like a search function thing.

Like when you say, search for the word donkey-boner on the forums, if you click on a thread that has that word, anywhere donkey-boner was posted will be highlighted to make it easier to find.

The ads he's talking about are the ones at the bottom of the post (three of them together, the first one saying "You`ll Never Believe Where...")

@Xernicus Looking into it, it's part of an RSS Feed. Probably bundled in conjunction with the sites sincity gets this news from, or part of its automated program thing. I'm not a tech genius so that's all you get out of me.

Aha okay, then that's different thing as i thought at start that he's having problems with the problem described at my first post, as that is quite common problem as well.

• Like 1

Thanks for investigating and reporting back guys.

I just right clicked the RSS feed links and blocked the domain via ABP. :fixed Still sucks that crap like that gets through though.
And yup, the highlighted words are just from using the forum search function. I was trying to find Pinoy's Desktop SS thread. :P