NHL Playoffs Pool 2015

meow

there are your typical tv sports executives, and then there's this guy who knows **** about hockey traditions -   

POSTED BY DOC JUN 11, 2015 COMMENTS

IMG_7811-0.jpg

Leave it up to a pencil pushing executive who doesn’t understand the sport of hockey to advocate for getting rid of playoff beards. According to Lazarus, playoff beards hurt the marketability of the sport. Advertisers would prefer clean shaven hockey players versus players with beards according to Lazarus. Lazarus later retracted the statements he made to a reporter of the Chicago Tribune when he saw the backlash he got on twitter. He became the butt of jokes and now he’s backpedaling faster than a corner covering Randy Moss in his prime.

Lazarus is an idiot! There’s a reason why hockey is still considered a niche sport to some people. Its because of his idiots like this! He doesn’t understand the game or the importance of the playoff beard. All he sees is advertising dollars. If he understood why hockey players grow playoff beards, he would know that its a part of the game.

Its time that assholes like Lazarus were told to shut up and let real sports fans make decisions at these major networks. Casual sports fans like Lazarus who “dabble” in sports should sign off on things and collect their seven figure salaries. I don’t care who Jim Lazarus is and I don’t want his opinion on hockey beards. Go away you flake!

• Like 4

WELP ... while my NHL KINGS might have missed the playoffs, mainly due to complete exhaust from playing more games than any team in History these last 3+ years of winning TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS ....

BUT ...  the future is STILL BRIGHTER than MOST TEAMS !

Congrats to the AHL "Kings" Manchester Monarchs for winning their first ever Calder Cup !   :cheers

cc15champs_200.png  CHbM4HhWsAA4IxU.jpg  cc15champs_200.png

http://manchestermonarchs.com/news/monarchsnews/?article_id=647

Some of these kids will be ready for the NHL jump this coming year or next, so the Kings should remain one of the top teams in the NHL for quite some time. 

Thundercats ... we still have that deal ? we let your Hawks win the Cup in ODD years and my Kings win the Cup in EVEN years  :thumbsup  see ya next season. 

CHbItUAWIAExX0_.jpg

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 3

WELP ... while my NHL KINGS might have missed the playoffs, mainly due to complete exhaust from playing more games than any team in History these last 3+ years of winning TWO CHAMPIONSHIPS ....

Can't really use that as an excuse since the Hawks have played more games than them in the past 6 years :P

• Like 1

Can't really use that as an excuse since the Hawks have played more games than them in the past 6 years :P

And what happened to the Hawks between their Cup Runs in 2009-10 and 2012-13 ? Finished low in the standings and lost in the first round Quarter finals each.

Kings WON the Cup in 2011-12, Lost in CONFERENCE FINALS to Hawks in 2012-13, and WON the Cup again in 2013-14 ... so from the start of the 2011 season to the end of the 2015 regular season ... no team has ever played more games during that span of time ... it's simply stating a FACT. Period. NOT an excuse as you call it.

And IF the Kings can bounce back and have a strong 2015-16 season, maybe win another cup ... would you deny they are at or very near the same dynasty level the Hawks are ?  :thumbsup  what other team would even come remotely close if not the Kings ?

And what happened to the Hawks between their Cup Runs in 2009-10 and 2012-13 ? Finished low in the standings and lost in the first round Quarter finals each.

Kings WON the Cup in 2011-12, Lost in CONFERENCE FINALS to Hawks in 2012-13, and WON the Cup again in 2013-14 ... so from the start of the 2011 season to the end of the 2015 regular season ... no team has ever played more games during that span of time ... it's simply stating a FACT. Period. NOT an excuse as you call it.

And IF the Kings can bounce back and have a strong 2015-16 season, maybe win another cup ... would you deny they are at or very near the same dynasty level the Hawks are ?  :thumbsup  what other team would even come remotely close if not the Kings ?

Kings had they period, they dropp out of playoffs, so Hawks is better team than LAK, no matter if they played more or less games, last seasons stats has nothing to do with this season success, this season best team is Chicago and second best is Tampa or other way if Tampa Win cup, what is possible, Kings is not even top 10 best teams of NHL atm because they wasnt be in playoffs, yes they was best team in last year and in 2011 but not in this year. Next season is a whole different story again, there is Anaheim, who can be better, Edmonton if they trade or sign goalie and couple defender and then they can go by Kings too, Tampa can be next dynasty (who can win 3 cup in 6 year or 2 in 5 year) St. Louis can win cup too if they get better goalie, Wild is couple players way from cup, they need defender and number one center and goalie also, but all can be done in summer break if team want it so. LAK could lose couple player because salary cup, like Williams. Florida can surprise, Montreal need couple forwards, Nashville need couple forwards all those can be done in offseason, LAK dont have top 3 defender group anymore as they had when they won cup, Hawks has better top 4, St. Louis had maybe best and Nashville had a lot better also. You think that it was only reason why kings dropp out from playoffs that they had played most hockey in these three season, but how many more games they have played, Hawks is played more now when they are in Finals this season, and they lead against Tampa bay even that they played more games than Kings in these there season. Its not only reason why you team was not in playoffs mate, you team is not so good anymore as it was last season or in 2011.

Edited by von Rantala

Im thinking Chicago is gonna end it tonight...but i would like to see a game 7 out of this only because both teams have been playing tough and no one is giving up.

But it doesnt matter to me...Im still a salty Red Wings fan :(

Until the next hockey year....LGRW :D

Yeah, i have always hard to find motivation to watch hockey if Wild dropp out and Finland dont win anything in World Championship tournament, havent watch any games after wild dropp and cant find motivation to watch Stanley Cup playoffs, its always hurting to watch other games when you keep thinking that wild could be here playing too if they just would put that puck in etc.. just too hard to me, i remember how i started and i was Niittymaki and NHL fan, then i was Niittymaki, Wild, Flyears and Habs fan and watched all game of those teams, then i was Niittymäki, Wild and ducks fan, and after Saku Koivu retired i only watched Wild games. When i find idol or team who to support i am extremely loyal and loving that team from my heart, it is impossible to watch hockey after my team dropp out. Its just too hard, and i think only fans who are fans of only one teams and love team as much as i love wild can understand what i mean, when i say i cant watch other teams game, when i keep thinking how we should be here and its hurt more than not watching games at all, i hope that Kimmo Timonen win cup, but in other hand, tampa played great hockey, both earn that cup.

I hope we sign Karri Rämö or Deven Dubnyk, i still have my doubts on Dubnyk, but he was great to us, and he won my support, but Rämö is my fav goalie too. Let see, at least i hope that we dont take Niemi.

Wild need to take number one center also and move Granlund to winger, there is no fav centers free or trade in my mind atm. I stll miss Konopka but he is fourth liner

Wild need take or trade number one offencive defender also, Sutter is not powerplay defender, that was biggest reason why our powerplay suck, second powerplay unit was better when Dumba played in spot of Sutter. Green is available and can be 60-70 point defender.

I still think that we need new coach, Yeo is too slow to make changes what needed, like didnt make changes to powerplay (Brunette was powerplay coatch) Yeo overplayed goalies four year straight. He overplayed our defenders also, we played whole season with 4 defender and our third plair played only 5 min per game. What i like on Yeo, he talk and encourage young players.

It is an excuse for a couple reasons. First of all, these are pros who know how to take care of their bodies and use the off season to recuperate and be ready for deep playoff runs on a yearly basis. Secondly, sure using the past 3 years as a baseline might show that the Kings have played the most games in that span, but is silly to only use the last 3 years when a different team has made the playoffs for 7 consecutive years, making the WCF 5 of those 7 times. The Hawks, just like the Kings, have lost in the Quarterfinals twice. Both have won the Cup twice. Both have lost to the other in the WCF. Difference is Hawks lost in the WCF to Detroit in 08/09 and are now 1 win away from winning the Cup a third time.

Sure, Kings may have played more games than anyone in the past three years but the Hawks have played more games than them the past 7, without missing the playoffs. So yea, saying that a team missed the playoffs because they were totally gassed is a total copout and excuse for shitty play for most of the season. The Kings have definitely been the second best franchise in the NHL in the last 10 years, no one even comes close to be honest, but that doesn't change the fact they missed this years playoffs due to the West fielding many strong teams and the Kings playing sub-par all year, not fatigue or exhaustion. 

• Like 2

All of the players should mail Lazarus their playoff beards after they have shaved them off. STICK IT!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Im so happy for Kime, Thanks Hawks to give great guy chance to win Cup with you! I hear how much Kime has given good feedback about Hawsk and how much they want win and that Kime havent never seen samekind dedication than Hawks has shown, i was wrong when i say that Hawks cant win cup with playing only four defender, was not my first time when i was wrong and for sure not last time either, im so happy for Kime :) he is great great guy. Congratulations Kimmo Timonen <3 Enjoy, he is real warrior, he bead life-threatening blooth embolism and win cup, so happy for him, there was little bit samekind story with Teppo Numminen in about 7 year ago when he was playing his last season with Buffalo after heart surgery what ended his career in age of 41. Great to hear that Kimme win it, cup is hard to win and so many guy who earned to win that never win it. Like Saku Koivu and Teppo Numminen and Antero Niittymäki. But so happy that Kimme is in list of Stanley winners!

I already wait Drafts and 1.July so i can see who Wild take and what kind teams we can see in next year, now start loong break of hockey, time what i hate most. I hate to wait that new season start, why they just cant start new season in 1 July. :/

Will make Team news for you before season start, and will make list of who i hope to see in wild uniform before 1 of July and who i want to be traded. Luckly i can watch Niittymäki games from NHL vault this summer :)

• Like 1