making video

Sushi

You could get Sony Vegas Pro 9 Trial for 30 days. There you could render it in HD (1080p). Or you use the free encoder MeGUI which i use for last video. (havent pro 9 at this time).

Capturing is Fraps the best in my opinion - i never use another software for capturing.

You could get Sony Vegas Pro 9 Trial for 30 days. There you could render it in HD (1080p). Or you use the free encoder MeGUI which i use for last video. (havent pro 9 at this time).

Capturing is Fraps the best in my opinion - i never use another software for capturing.

Or use both MeGUI and Vegas Pro (I have 8 but i guess 9 is better). I wont give any links but you can find dozens of working keycodes to get an (illegal) full version of Vegas.

if you just use a non-pro version then you have to use vegas and megui thats true.

Best option is, when you render in sony vegas with lagerith codec or how its called =)

• 2 weeks later...

why so much FPS? A human eye cant "realize" more then 35 FPS or so. Most videos are rendered with 29,XX or 30 FPS.

The higher the FPS recorded at in game, the better quality. I know better ways to record besides fraps, but its a long and boring process. My video on here, is recorded with fraps, because i obviously dont want to take a long time on a friendly video.

Most top movies in ET are recorded at 200 frames in game. Then kept at 200 in Virtual Dub. Some smooth it up 50 fps in Vegas and then back down to 30 fps in Megui, to give it that really nice smoothness.

The higher the FPS recorded at in game, the better quality. I know better ways to record besides fraps, but its a long and boring process. My video on here, is recorded with fraps, because i obviously dont want to take a long time on a friendly video.

Most top movies in ET are recorded at 200 frames in game. Then kept at 200 in Virtual Dub. Some smooth it up 50 fps in Vegas and then back down to 30 fps in Megui, to give it that really nice smoothness.

Good to know =)

• 3 months later...

No idea if you're still making your movie, but widescreen is what's "in" these days. So, it would be worth the time of recording everything from ET in an HD resolution (e.g. 1280x720, or 1920x1080). It'll look nicer at the end of the day. A few filters afterwards to adjust the contrast/colour can help give it an extra zing too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpWc0V3fWPk