Firefox keeps crashing.

Ol Smoke

I finally got tired of all the problems with IE11 on here and some other places, so I installed FIrefox.

In the last two days, it started crashing all the time.  Here is the error I get:

It seems that no matter what program I try to run on here, I have trouble with them all.

• Leader

How long did it run OK before the last two days of crashes?  

I was wondering if your security programs were interfering with your browsers, but that would seem to block their access to networks, not crash them.

I had an issue of Firefox version 35 crashing on my XP machine constantly, I had to downgrade back to version 25 to keep that from happening.

Type about:memory in the URL bar and try running the garbage collection and memory clean.

Or you can visit about:healthreport in the URL bar and it will show some more information regarding the crash issue.

You can also dive head into the Advanced/Expert settings by going to about:config in the URL bar.

Also, if you do not want the crash reporter to ALWAYS pop up, you can goto the installation directory of Firefox and edit the configuration settings file called: application

[Crash Reporter]
Enabled=1

change to

[Crash Reporter]
Enabled=0

But without further information, this is all just speculation on what the problem could be.

A virus or malware maybe?

Corrupt internet cache files?

Incompatible Firefox version based on your Operating system? ( Computer programs can be glitchy!)

A few free programs you could try (I assume a windows OS)

CCleaner -  A wonderful internet cache/temp file and application cache file cleaner

Spy Bot Search and Destroy -  A great malware detection and removal tool.

AVG Anti Virus -  A free and well rounded antivirus/malware program.

Edited by DijitaL

It all started after I installed Bitdefender AV.  So I got rid of that also.  Got rid of IE 11 and I am now on IE8.  It is compatible with FA site.

I now have Microsoft Security Essentials and my other malware programs.  So I should be okay.

One weird thing.  My desktop gadgets disapeared after installing Firefox.  But they are back now.

So this is where I am and probably where I will stay.  I am so tired of IE problems and malware.  All I wanted to do was copy and paste on the FA site.

Since I loaded Firefox onto my system and then removed it, it left behind problems in IE11.  It won't pin to the taskbar anymore.  Adobe quit working.  Superantiadware quit.

It is so slow, I could run to the website faster than it is working.

Thank you very much Firefox.  You giant POS.

Firefox cashes daily or weekly with mine Win7 too....I have done everything; disable add-ons to taken off Norton too bar....But sometimes it will crash after a load it to few times in a row... sometimes it does not crash for 2 weeks lol... I hate IE!   So sometimes I will go with chrome to do my stuff, when it starts up again crashing like it does.