Any bb'ers, martials arts'ers?

tRiistaNzz

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know why but this guys in video seemse to me really amateur even if i consider the fact that it was only sparing.(Or you were just really tired,because when you are tired you fight/look like newbie)

I wish i could take a video of me sparing with other guys,but coach doesn't allow any videos and pictures taking(yea the picture on my avatar was taken when coach went to store)

EDIT: I wish i could see some kicks and fighting on floor :)

Edited by Husa

Don't know why but this guys in video seemse to me really amateur even if i consider the fact that it was only sparing.

I wish i could take a video of me sparing with other guys,but coach doesn't allow any videos and pictures taking(yea the picture on my avatar was taken when coach went to store)

You probably never fought a day in your life. Like I said about myself, I don't even fight -- not even amateur level. Most of the other guys in this video have not had a single fight either. But Brian Olsen is a amateur? Why don't you google his name or look at the link I posted. He was the freaking WEC Heavy weight champion. WEC is a professional league, with professional fighters, regardless of your sophomoric assessment.

http://www.wec.tv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WEC_champions

What is the name of your gym by the way?

Bodybuilding. I was participating at kick boxing trainings but I stoppped.

Now gym.

<quote>Nice, why u dont wanna do competitions? </quote>

I got caught in an arm triangle one time and didn't tap. I ended up with a class 2 separated shoulder. MMA is no joke.

I went and watched my old friend fight in the AFO competition a few months ago. He got kicked and the head and was knocked out for 2 minutes. Now he has a bulging disc in his neck and he lost a lot of ability to use his arm.

It actually made it into the high light reel. Watch from 1:24.

I'm not interested in getting any more hurt. :)

well MMA isnt martial arts. u can use martials for MMA, but it itself is pure violence.

martial art is about discipline, mind over matter, stuff like that.

basically learn to control yourself through rigorous training

MMA isnt that...

A good MMA school isn't pure violence. Our MMA school is mixed. Monday - Judo, Tuesday - Wrestling, Wednesday - BJJ, Thursday - Boxing, Friday - ground fighting (BJJ with puches), Saturday - Kickboxing. There are a lot of schools that call themselves MMA, but all they teach you is an arm bar and a few punches. But that is not MMA.

I actually did tae-kwon-do when i was younger and learned a lot. but the forms are a joke if you really want to push yourself. I go into a cage at my gym and spar (judo, BJJ, boxing, wresting or all combined) for 8 rounds a class. I learn a lot more about mind over matter, toughness, resilience etc knowing that if my body or mind fails I might get a knee in the face.

All you nerds with your Special fighting styles.

If I fought any of you, I would just grab your hair and pull it out and laugh as you cry.

I have a buzz cut :) LOL

I actually did tae-kwon-do when i was younger and learned a lot. but the forms are a joke if you really want to push yourself. I go into a cage at my gym and spar (judo, BJJ, boxing, wresting or all combined) for 8 rounds a class. I learn a lot more about mind over matter, toughness, resilience etc knowing that if my body or mind fails I might get a knee in the face.

forms are bullshit i know.

but you will never do it in real fight anyway.

god i won 3 tournys :D

Yeah most of the guys who do competitions only get injuries and don't earn much or nothing so I understand ur point of vieuw.. If u train like the best and don't fight officially but u do sparring's with good boxers it's alright, it's even smarter. As for on the streets, I could use MMA alot I think, all the techniques are perfect to end the fight quickly.. In september I'm gonna start MMA, gonna be fun I hope ;)

You probably never fought a day in your life. Like I said about myself, I don't even fight -- not even amateur level. Most of the other guys in this video have not had a single fight either. But Brian Olsen is a amateur? Why don't you google his name or look at the link I posted. He was the freaking WEC Heavy weight champion. WEC is a professional league, with professional fighters, regardless of your sophomoric assessment.

http://www.wec.tv

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WEC_champions

What is the name of your gym by the way?

I didn't mean that champ..

We don't have any "name" we are just MMA club(that's the name or what lol)

you guys talk too much about styles and shit,when it doesnt matter,you can practice all the styles you want,but if you dont work in your technique,you will get ktfo all the time...all those assholes who want to get in the cage when they dont even know the basics of fighting,the guard,the hip,feet,head movement,combinations,hooks,jabs,when you throw a punch,hands up and protect your chin,dont throw wild punches,when you are unbalanced etc etc,and this is just the stand up situation,the ground is other shit... you should know all this before entering a ring,if you dont know,and you still wanna get in the cage,you deserve to get ktfo...

Now about ArmTheINSANE,in the vid,you looked better than the "champ" in the counter punches...idk if its coz he got old,but the way he was throwin at you wasnt good,no even 1 combination or head movement from him at all..in 3:02,you connected him good...

And yes...i used to be at boxing and some Mexico's guantes de oro (golden globe,amateur),before entering college,now im a lazy mothafuka who drinks beer and studies once in a while...

Edited by V!p3r

I don't think u get in cage like that, almost every boxer who fights in cage know/can do all the things u said else he wouldn't be in the cage isn't it? I mean u can't start doing competitions 'like that'. For me the best part is the training, when I train my ass off till I just can't move anymore I'm much more satisfied than beating some amateur on a ring. If u train harder than the fight itself u will win, why do u think tyson was so strong? He had no f***ing life, he was a 'nerd', training everyday of the week and ofcourse he had a natural talent for boxing but that talent wouldn't have developped so far if he didn't train so much

I don't think u get in cage like that, almost every boxer who fights in cage know/can do all the things u said else he wouldn't be in the cage isn't it? I mean u can't start doing competitions 'like that'. For me the best part is the training, when I train my ass off till I just can't move anymore I'm much more satisfied than beating some amateur on a ring. If u train harder than the fight itself u will win, why do u think tyson was so strong? He had no f***ing life, he was a 'nerd', training everyday of the week and ofcourse he had a natural talent for boxing but that talent wouldn't have developped so far if he didn't train so much

Logical..

I don't think u get in cage like that, almost every boxer who fights in cage know/can do all the things u said else he wouldn't be in the cage isn't it?

Nope,i have seen dudes with their hands down,throwin unbalanced wild punches in cage fights,thats why you see so many stupid ko's,they have lame defense and offense...they dont know how to box...they should better try ground and pound if they dont know how to stand up fight...

If u train harder than the fight itself u will win,

I dont want to disrespect you,but i can tell you have never fought anyone good,or you dont know about fighting,by making statements like that,you think only coz you train hard,you will win the fight?...cmon man..you can train all you want and get ko'ed coz your technique is bs,your muscles will not make you win all the time,and even if you practice the technique and the muscles/cardio,you still can get ko'ed if you have a weak chin...if you have a weak chin,no matter how much you train,you will not achieve anything,test it with someone good,to see if you can take a punch,if you cant..dedicate yourself to other things..the Tyson example,isnt right in your case man,dont try to do like him and expect the same results by "working hard"....body type,genes and mental order have their importance too,i recommend you to atleast fight 50 amateur fights,before even considering going pro or stuff like that...but hey,thats the way we do it here in Mexico,the second best boxing country in the world,maybe in other countries they do it better...peace out..

Edited by V!p3r