Any bb'ers, martials arts'ers?

tRiistaNzz

Hi, I was wondering too if anyone goes to the gym, does bodybuilding or any martial art? If so which one? and what ur goals?

I quitted Muay thai to gain some mass, I was practicing it for 1 year and did 1 year of english box aswell. When I feel like I'm ready I'm gonna follow some mma lessons for awhile I think.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I was wondering too if anyone goes to the gym, does bodybuilding or any martial art? If so which one? and what ur goals?

I quitted Muay thai to gain some mass, I was practicing it for 1 year and did 1 year of english box aswell. When I feel like I'm ready I'm gonna follow some mma lessons for awhile I think.

<----- Taekwondo 3rd degree.

thats a master level lol.

took it for like 8 years. can pretty much beat up much bigger oppenents and stronger ones.

Nowadays i dont have time for extense taekwondo training, but i did an year ago, hopefully soon.

i go to LA fitness every few days.

bench about 200. still sucks my friends do 250(wtf?)

still need to get six packs, lost it during summer

<----- Taekwondo 3rd degree.

thats a master level lol.

took it for like 8 years. can pretty much beat up much bigger oppenents and stronger ones.

Nowadays i dont have time for extense taekwondo training, but i did an year ago, hopefully soon.

i go to LA fitness every few days.

bench about 200. still sucks my friends do 250(wtf?)

still need to get six packs, lost it during summer

Nice, some guy in my gym does taekwendo too, he has some insane kicks :D

At the moment I bench 220lbs max, I've been training with high weights for 6 months now, I'm bulking up and gonna cut 1 month before summer ;)

Edited by tRiistaNzz

Kempo Karate.

Three stages of Kempo:

1) Kihon: you become the equal of ordinary men

2) Kumite: other men become cattle to you

3) Atemiwaza: other men are blades of grass

The goal of Kempo is to avoid conflict altogether. Once trained, you should never have to use it, like a nuclear arsenal. There is no reason for anyone to fight you, cause they would lose.

Kempo is not a sport. Someone thows a punch at you, you block it, twist the arm out of socket, hit them in the neck, and they are dead. Not fun to watch.

Nice, never saw someone practicing it before.. I want to do some kravmaga later too, it's much self defense and situations like in a bus versus 3 guys, alone on the streets versus guy with a knife, etc ..

Kempo Karate.

Three stages of Kempo:

1) Kihon: you become the equal of ordinary men

2) Kumite: other men become cattle to you

3) Atemiwaza: other men are blades of grass

The goal of Kempo is to avoid conflict altogether. Once trained, you should never have to use it, like a nuclear arsenal. There is no reason for anyone to fight you, cause they would lose.

Kempo is not a sport. Someone thows a punch at you, you block it, twist the arm out of socket, hit them in the neck, and they are dead. Not fun to watch.

isnt it what steven siegal uses?

i had privilege to spar kempo, normal karate, and muai thay.

kempo was the hardest to beat, just knock my kicks out, its scary lol.

muai thay was hard also, insanely fast kicks, i wasnt used to fighting them.

got a kick in the guts, and i got pissed and kicked him in the face lol

haha nice story desu but I for me the best is MMA

well MMA isnt martial arts. u can use martials for MMA, but it itself is pure violence.

martial art is about discipline, mind over matter, stuff like that.

basically learn to control yourself through rigorous training

MMA isnt that...

Yes I know but I was speaking for myself ( I'm tired of the discipline I think ) so it's better MMA. I did Muay thai and English box each for 1 year and I liked it but now I wanna go more hard maybe? Everyone his thing, I almost never fight on the street, I'm a nice guy but in the ring I'm a beast, you know ( if you already stood in a ring ) the feeling it gives you ;) And I really look forward to learning the brazilian jiujitsu in MMA and then gonna go follow some kravmaga lessons.

isnt it what steven siegal uses?

i had privilege to spar kempo, normal karate, and muai thay.

kempo was the hardest to beat, just knock my kicks out, its scary lol.

muai thay was hard also, insanely fast kicks, i wasnt used to fighting them.

got a kick in the guts, and i got pissed and kicked him in the face lol

Steven Seagal uses Aikido.

In the style of Kempo I studied (Hanto Saichen Rui) we only had five kicks. We had hundreds of Tuite moves though. Tuite is how to block and use locks. So you kick at me, I block you with my knee, then you kick again, I block again with an elbow, nothing happens, etc. Then you kick high at my head because you can't get past my legs, and I catch your foot and twist it, knocking you down. I laugh and wait for you to get up.

I had this experience sparring with a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. It was funny. Tae Kwon Do is useless against Kempo (or AIkido, or Ju Jitsu, or Hapkido etc).

It's very hard to find anyone who will teach Kempo anymore. During my training I had three broken toes, broke my left middle finger, and had one tooth (back right lower molar) smashed. Another student had a broken rib. Another guy injured his foot when our sensei blocked his kick and he quit. It was brutal. I was in my twenties, I could never do that again. But now I am a tough old bastard.

p.

I had this experience sparring with a black belt in Tae Kwon Do. It was funny. Tae Kwon Do is useless against Kempo (or AIkido, or Ju Jitsu, or Hapkido etc).

funny how i beat people using them.

taekwondo isnt also about kicks.

most retards rush in and blindly kick, and will get his asskicked.

use feints, lightning quick kicks, and such.

a strong enough axe kick at the right time will even go through Kempo's twist or w/e

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I train at a MMA gym. I do judo, BJJ, boxing, and Kickboxing. I don't fight in any competitions but I train with all the fighters that do.

I'm in this youtube boxing video. I'm in the last 40 seconds or so in the black and grey shirt.

I'm sparring against Brian Olsen. He was the former WEC heavy weight champion. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brian-Olsen-11562

I love fighting against black belts in Karate, Tae Kwon do...