winMTR - Checking network issues

daredevil

• Administrators

1. If you have 32 bit Windows OS download 32 bit version and if you have 64 bit OS download 64 bit version. 

Download winMTR from here: winMTR 32 bit and 64 bit download link. Click Me.

2. Unzip the file and go to winMTR folder.

Right click on exe file and go to properties and select run as administrator and then click Apply. 

11.01.2014-13.07.png

3. Then double click on exe to run the program and click on options. From options remove the checkbox before Resolve names and then click Ok.

11.01.2014-13.09.png

4. Then put server IP or domain name against which you would like to winMTR and click "Start" button. Here is example for jay2 server.

11.01.2014-13.13.png

5. Let it run for 100 packets i.e. "Sent" column = 100 approximately and then click on "Stop" button. 

6. Then Click on "Copy Text on Clipboard" button and post it on forums.

OR  Click on "Export" and save the file on your PC and then attach the txt file to your post. 

7. Please provide winMTR report for 100 and 1000 packets i.e. 2 winMTR Report.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It should be pinned and there should be note about reporting that report rather to tracker:-)
P.s. wanted to make about tutorial about it(recently they all report about spikes/laggs/but dont provide it:-P). But it exist already:-P

Edited by Unknown*

I also use pingplotter over winmtr which gives you a 30 day free trial which is a nice bit of software to check your max packet loss and a lot more detail and also has graphs to show where the packet loss is and is easy to use.

https://www.pingplotter.com/

Edited by =Plat00n=

I also use pingplotter over winmtr which gives you a 30 day free trial which is a nice bit of software to check your max packet loss and a lot more detail and also has graphs to show where the packet loss is and is easy to use.

https://www.pingplotter.com/

You, me, and some others, use these usefull tools with detailed infos than Pingplotter, Wireshark, and all others are. But WinMTR, with infos reduced at its most simple expression, is no doubt the easiest to use for non initiated users. This is the minimum, admittedly, but that's also all we need. Still, you can add your analysis with pingplotter as extra, or even create a tutorial for all those willing to learn with these tools. ;)

• Like 3