Police shooting of Kaijieme Powell

FireWienie

Yelling shoot me now motherf***er while walking toward the officers and trying to intimate the cops costs that man his life. While it is sad, it was very ignorant of that man to act that way. In the end, he got what he asked for. Being in law enforcement would be very stressful. This guy acted like a fool and paid for it. 

Cops had every right to shoot him. Being in the military and putting myself in that situation I would have dropped him also. Cops did there job. Well done.

Another thing calling the policeman cowards is BS. These cops put there life on the line everyday and get treated like shit. In both cases in Ferguson the cops did the right thing. Did you know in the brown shooting brown started punching the cop before he was shot? No you probably didn't. The media has turned that into a media circus.

Edited by Thundercats
  • Like 2

Unfortunately Thundercats, I have to disagree. The ultimate job of the police is to save lives. Suicide by cop is a well known subject in police academies these days. For a man to stand there and say shoot me, and then approach officers with a knife, shows this mans intent. The officers had every opportunity and all the time in the world to taze this man. They're intent on killing this man is proven by them continuing to shoot when he was on the ground and no longer a threat. 

• Like 1

Cops are not trained to pull out a taser. You can see that they arrived and then within seconds they man started approaching them. If I was back in Iraq under the same circumstances I would had done the same thing.

• Like 1

Cops had every right to shoot him. Being in the military and putting myself in that situation I would have dropped him also. Cops did there job. Well done.

Another thing calling the policeman cowards is BS. These cops put there life on the line everyday and get treated like shit. In both cases in Ferguson the cops did the right thing. Did you know in the brown shooting brown started punching the cop before he was shot? No you probably didn't. The media has turned that into a media circus.

So because he got his ass beat that justify's his shooting an otherwise unarmed assailant? I can see if Brown was still a threat to the officer, however if the subject was walking away or otherwise fleeing, he was no longer a direct threat to the officer. Sure the media blew it up, and so did the African-American community, but we still don't know all the facts. My thoughts are that there was a struggle in the vehicle, the cop got his ass beat, his service pistol somehow discharged and in the ensuing panic he mistakenly thought that Brown was armed. 

• Like 1

:Listen I am not going to argue with you on this. You are posting a video where a man was standing around for a period of time and not oince did he rush a cop. The cops had just pulled up and within seconds the man started to rush him. 

:Listen I am not going to argue with you on this. You are posting a video where a man was standing around for a period of time and not oince did he rush a cop. The cops had just pulled up and within seconds the man started to rush him. 

He rushed the police once he was tased.... :)

[politics]

In my opnion it was not right to shoot him while he was on the ground, however in the video you posted of the UK police tazering you can observer that it was planned out to be done, and not an impulsive action.

If someone screams at you to 'shoot me bro' and is walking towards you with a knife you are put in a situation that will cause stress and the release of adrenaline in the blood and thus making you react quicker before you think about what you do explaining why they shot him and not tazered.

I think that both sides were wrong in this one, the man should not have provoked the police, and the police should not have shot as many times as they did.

If someone dies in such an accident noone is a winner, everyone loses. the families of both people involved will have to carry this event with them till they die which is never a good thing.

[/politics]

If y'all can quit it now, i think the point is made and this topic is heading somewhere stupid.

[politics]

In my opnion it was not right to shoot him while he was on the ground, however in the video you posted of the UK police tazering you can observer that it was planned out to be done, and not an impulsive action.

If someone screams at you to 'shoot me bro' and is walking towards you with a knife you are put in a situation that will cause stress and the release of adrenaline in the blood and thus making you react quicker before you think about what you do explaining why they shot him and not tazered.

I think that both sides were wrong in this one, the man should not have provoked the police, and the police should not have shot as many times as they did.

If someone dies in such an accident noone is a winner, everyone loses. the families of both people involved will have to carry this event with them till they die which is never a good thing.

[/politics]

If y'all can quit it now, i think the point is made and this topic is heading somewhere stupid.

Yes I agree that the cop should have not shot him while he is down but the police are trained to shoot with deadly force. They are trained to shoot a cluster of shoots to the chest. That is both police training and military training. When I trained both military and police that is what you teach. The St. Louis at that time was like a war zone and all officers are on heightened alert. 

• Like 1