A quick, tasty and filling breakfast/lunch

Xernicus

Heya! For once I got a craving for the munchies this morning. Normally I can't do breakfast- my digestion system has a hard time waking up and I usually can't eat until lunch. Today though was different.

So with my mind foggy, I rummage through my cupboards, and whatnot, and all I really end up with is breakfast cereal (ew), or three granola bars (less ew, but still.) Not satisfied, and sure as hell not going anywhere to eat, I grab some bread (Russian Rye), a block of cheddar cheese, and my grater.
While I waited for my toaster over to warm up to 450-ish (Fahrenheit), I spread a thin slice of butter over each piece of bread (I could fit 3 on my little tray thingy) to prevent the cheese from melting through the bread and causing a baked disaster, and also to keep everything all nice and soft, not hard.

Next, I threw the coarsely grated cheddar cheese on top of the bread, and tried my best to make sure it was somewhat evenly spread out, and I shoved that tray into my toaster over, overly-eager for the results. I let the bread and cheese bake for around 3-5 minutes, looking for the telltale signs of the cheese bubbling, some browning, etc. Once I saw those, I took out the tray, and very carefully put the slices onto a plate, sprinkled a little spicy seasoning on top (I'm a huge spicy person), and I was all set to go.

Prep time: 5-10 minutes

Cook time: 5 minutes
Serving time: 1 minute

*You can substitute olive oil for butter if you are lactose intolerant, or you are on a diet. But honestly, if you're trying to stay away from butter, why in the hell would you be eating cheese bread? :P

Enjoy! :D

• Like 2

Heya! For once I got a craving for the munchies this morning. Normally I can't do breakfast- my digestion system has a hard time waking up and I usually can't eat until lunch. Today though was different.

So with my mind foggy, I rummage through my cupboards, and whatnot, and all I really end up with is breakfast cereal (ew), or three granola bars (less ew, but still.) Not satisfied, and sure as hell not going anywhere to eat, I grab some bread (Russian Rye), a block of cheddar cheese, and my grater.

While I waited for my toaster over to warm up to 450-ish (Fahrenheit), I spread a thin slice of butter over each piece of bread (I could fit 3 on my little tray thingy) to prevent the cheese from melting through the bread and causing a baked disaster, and also to keep everything all nice and soft, not hard.

Next, I threw the coarsely grated cheddar cheese on top of the bread, and tried my best to make sure it was somewhat evenly spread out, and I shoved that tray into my toaster over, overly-eager for the results. I let the bread and cheese bake for around 3-5 minutes, looking for the telltale signs of the cheese bubbling, some browning, etc. Once I saw those, I took out the tray, and very carefully put the slices onto a plate, sprinkled a little spicy seasoning on top (I'm a huge spicy person), and I was all set to go.

Prep time: 5-10 minutes

Cook time: 5 minutes

Serving time: 1 minute

*You can substitute olive oil for butter if you are lactose intolerant, or you are on a diet. But honestly, if you're trying to stay away from butter, why in the hell would you be eating cheese bread? :P

Enjoy! :D

Butter is better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

• Like 1

Sounds good... we call it cheese toast ..but you melted into toast more..I also like cinnamon toast which does include sugar or honey toast or peanut butter toast-the peanut butter tastes roasted when you toast it or maple syrup toast or brown sugar toast ......nom non non .mmmm with coffee..all easy quick breakfasts :-)

Sounds good... we call it cheese toast ..but you melted into toast more..I also like cinnamon toast which does include sugar or honey toast or peanut butter toast-the peanut butter tastes roasted when you toast it or maple syrup toast or brown sugar toast ......nom non non .mmmm with coffee..all easy quick breakfasts :-)

Pretty damn sure this is called a grilled cheese sandwich

• Like 1

my wife gets pissed when I make grilled cheese sandwiches..I can go thru half a loaf of bread once I get started :-) grilled cheese gluttony }÷D

• Like 1