Headset, Mouse and Mousepad. Suggestions?

Teukka

Headset

Any Sennheiser, they are just perfect imo

Mouse

Any Logitech, don't buy Razer it's just shiny stuff with cheap components and marketing done right

Mousepad

Matter of Taste (cloth/hard/lowsens/highsens), I liked Puretrak Talent, Roccat Taito, Razer Goliathus (Yes it's Razer but it's hard to fail with a piece of cloth :P)

Headset

Any Sennheiser, they are just perfect imo

Mouse

Any Logitech, don't buy Razer it's just shiny stuff with cheap components and marketing done right

Mousepad

Matter of Taste (cloth/hard/lowsens/highsens), I liked Puretrak Talent, Roccat Taito, Razer Goliathus (Yes it's Razer but it's hard to fail with a piece of cloth :P)

yea, razer is overpriced BS with good marketing. Steelseries products are a bit cheaper and alot better quality

Edited by Ch11m33y aka. ChiLLy<3

I recently upgraded my cheapo headset to these ...

vengeance_2100_hero_mic_side_lit.png

... and I gotta say I'm loving them. Decent sound and very comfortable and won't break the budget.

Might not be as audiophile quality as you are looking for ?, but for basic gaming and watching movies on the computer, they are really quite nice IMO.  :thumbsup

Corsair also has a nice matching Gaming Mouse ...

m60_viewb_lit_1_1.png

Though it was a bit large and didn't feel comfortable in my hand, so I'm rocking this mouse currently ...

cm-spawn-review.jpg

... great mouse for a CLAW grip style player. :yeye

For Mouse pad ... depends on your mouse ( OPTICAL /or LASER ) and your desk ...

I don't have, but like the idea behind the XFX War pad {clips on over the edge of desk}

I can't justify the almost $50.00 for a friggin mouse pad though  :wacko:

I again suggest considering Corsair ...

mm600_angle_a_m60.png

... HAPPY SHOPPING !  B)
Edited by LA_Kings_Fan

So here is my current my decision at the moment to order.

Headset

Manufacturer:Steelseries

Product name: Siberia v2

Mouse

Manufacturer:Logitech

Product name:g500s

Mousepad

Product name:QcK

KEYBOARD

Manufacturer: Qpad

Product name:MK-85 Blue

So, what do you think? Price = 300€

Edited by Teukka

almost exactly the same as i have so i can only say: perfect!

EDIT: wich switches are u thinking of for ur mk-85? cherry mx-red or blues?

Blue is mentioned in post :)

Edited by Teukka

Mouse:

Logitec G500 <- I use the MX518, the older version of the G500.

Mousepad:

Coolermaster Weapon of Choice. <- Really smooth movement/grip its also pretty large, which is perfect for FPS games.. talking about Personal expierence. :)

Headshet:

Creative fatal1ty <- Use it when playing ET/BF, deep bass/sounds. Really bang for buck.

So here is my current my decision at the moment to order.

Headset

Product name: Siberia v2

Mouse

Manufacturer:Logitech

Product name:g500s

Mousepad

Product name:QcK

KEYBOARD

Manufacturer: Qpad

Product name:MK-85 Blue

So, what do you think? Price = 300€

It's ordered now, just have to wait till keyboard's are available

Headshet:

Creative fatal1ty <- Use it when playing ET/BF, deep bass/sounds. Really bang for buck.

well, i cant really agree, the sound quality is only decent and the bass isnt that deep either, dont want to bash on it, but that is just how it is ( and yes i do know, i had one and my room mate has one)

Headset = Tritton II tritton-trigger-001.jpg

This is a decent headset, though I rarely use one at all. I generally don't like the comfort level of something around my head and ears for extended periods of time. However, it's fairly comfortable and has really good depth and degree of sound, making even a dead silent perk useless. It also was cost effective at around $80 vs the next step up for $150 with not significant improvement.

Mouse = M.M.O. 7 cyborg_rat7mmo_featured.jpg

I love this mouse even more than the one I had before it (the RAT 5) The interchangeable grips and sliding body adjusts perfectly to fit most any hand. It has great range of DPI settings and the muilti channel modes lets you customize a wide range of different programmable features for your games. It's sleek, sexy, and high performance.

Pad = Saitek 17" Aluminum 31PT7Ik2EIL._SX300_.jpg

Ehhh... it's ok

Keyboard = Steelseries Merc Stealth SteelSeries-Merc-Stealth.jpg

Friggin awesome! I used to use the arrow keys on the right side of your traditional keyboard, finding the symmetrical setup preferable to WSAD. After using the gamepad provided on the Merc Stealth, I cannot fathom using any other key set. At first it was strange feeling and the placement needed getting used to, but after a short period I was finding my buttons instinctively and the rubber padding on the movement keys is great for tactile interaction. So many more features to this that makes it extremely versatile for gaming. Only drawback is the closeness of the letter keys, making it slightly more difficult to type on than a standard sized keyboard. And, it's super heavy. I was shocked at how heady it is. It's also pricey at around $150, but more than worth it IMO.

I was gonna get that MERC STEALTH at one time ...

Really nice idea the extra gaming pad on the side of the keyboard.

In the end went with something slightly more traditional, and practical IMO, a good old fashioned mechanical style / done up gaming style keyboard from Corsair the K70...

KEY_K70_K_600x510.png

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/gaming-keyboards

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816010  =   $130

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95bX874Hbaw

Edited by LA_Kings_Fan
  • Like 1

I like turtle beach as a headset, if it's for consoles go with it, take a look at the different ones and choose to your liking, btw don't get the earforce kilos because the cusions are super hard.