ZIP/RAR Assistance

Thundercats

• 3 weeks later...

You installed WinRar? Do us a favor.

Right click the file you want to open, and then press print screen (or prntscrn). Paste screenshot into MSpaint, save as jpeg and then post it here. This way we can see what options are showing up.

I have Win7 and when you right click the rar file or zip file, it should say 'extract to..'. So this is pretty odd, dude.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using 7-zip for a few years now. It's always worked great.

Once it's installed and you let it be the default for .zip and .7z files, it's pretty easy.

attachicon.gifscreenshot.35.png

okay I extract files to desktop but when I view the file it says windows media player does not recognize file 

I think so. i have gotten myself totally lost...

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Well, we're getting somewhere haha

Right click the file and at the bottom click properties. It will open up a box with information about the file. There will be a line that says file type or type of file.

If it's about a cheater I'm guessing it's a cod demo file... does it say DM_1file (.dm_1)?

Alright, dm_1 files are CoD4 demo files. They only open with CoD4 or the CoD4 player. :)

VOILA! Link to the CoD4 player: http://www.cybopat.net/vb_cod4player_eng.php

Download, unzip/unrar, and run :)  It will allow you to play demo files and watch them with CoD4.

Alternatively, you can do it the old fashioned way:

Make a demos folder & place your DEMO there. It should look like this:

C:\\Program Files\\Steam\\steamapps\\common\\call of duty 4\\Mods\\ModWarfare\\demos

OR

activision\\cod4\\Mods\\ModWarfare\\

Go to your cod4 game, then load up ModWarfare from the main menu:

Mods > ModWarfare.

A new menu will appear with a different look, and just type this in console "~":

/demo (name of the demo)

To quit or stop watching the demo type this in console: /disconnect