A new cds key issue (For me anyway)

Chameleon

Question

So I been trying to play COD all morning and afternoon, but all I get is this

error_zps30fed431.jpg

So I re-entered the cd key and it said key appears to be valid, but when I try to join the server I get the same message...  I even went in to the regedit and re-entered the key in hopes that maybe had something to do with it, considering the other cd key issue I had before, but nothing seems to fix it.. I've validated the game files through steam and all that too.. I am at a loss here hehe... Thanks in advance :D

4 answers to this question

Okay, I have been trying to fix this for about 4 1/2 hours now and here is what has happened..  Right after my initial post I made a backup of my player profile and then deleted the one in my COD4 folder. I deleted the key from the registry also, then I restarted the game without my initial profile and set it up like it was a new install. Once I set the game back up I quit and then moved my old profile back into the game folder where it goes. I restarted COD and joined a server and was able to get in.. No I don't know if this was just dumb luck or if what I did actually worked, but as of right now that is what happened...

• Like 1

Something to remember about reinstalling COD4 and then re-installing your mpdata.

Make sure that when you make a new player profile in the new install, it is the same name as the old one.

Also, if you back up your mpdata file to a CD, it automatically makes it read only.  So after you reinstall it from

the CD you need to go in and change the properties on that mpdata file and remove read only.  Otherwise it wont

work correctly.

• Like 1

also if your game isnt recognizing it because through the files and that it has it placed in a script for the game to notice and see that you have a validated game

• Like 1

Okay, I have been trying to fix this for about 4 1/2 hours now and here is what has happened..  Right after my initial post I made a backup of my player profile and then deleted the one in my COD4 folder. I deleted the key from the registry also, then I restarted the game without my initial profile and set it up like it was a new install. Once I set the game back up I quit and then moved my old profile back into the game folder where it goes. I restarted COD and joined a server and was able to get in.. No I don't know if this was just dumb luck or if what I did actually worked, but as of right now that is what happened...

That is some solid troubleshooting right there.

• Like 3