CoD4 Skins :ooo

Malokyte

=D Ya I figured out how to skin and am currently experimenting with making some custom skins.

So I'm understandable crappy right now, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Thank god for custom brushes in photoshop.

Anyways, here's my first, albeit quite shitty, AK-47 and OpFor gloves. I actually like the gloves, but I need to reposition the emblem and change the arm color back to regular. Didn't expect it to look like the guy was wearing pantyhose for a sleeve. The AK im definitly reskinning when I get the chance.

firstskingloves.jpg

The messages are because I used the devmap command to preview these, so ignore them.

Now, back to business, comments, pointers, and critism would be nice. I'm a fan of tribal textures, so don't b*** too much about that. Also if you have a weapon you'd like skinned, assuming I actually like it (like hell im gonna skin the m14 anytime soon <.<) I'd be willing to take a shot at it.

• Like 2

put the led zeppelin Zoso symbols on the barrel of my m-16 plox!

You wouldn't really notice it there I think. You'd notice it if it were on the body of the gun. To give you the greatest satisfaction, it'd be nice if you could post a picture of the m16 circling where you'd like the symbol. Also, tell me any specific coloring for the symbol like pure white, or pure black, and whether you want me to tamper a bit with the rest of the gun. And just to be sure I have the right symbols, are these it:

1016765_f260.jpg

In the meantime, I've fixed up the glove, but I'm still tinkering with the AK, haven't got it's body right just yet. Also trying to build the contrast between the metal and wood parts based on a recommendation from fred.

UpdatedGlove.jpg

I'll probably leave the opfor gloves alone now and move onto the marine's gloves.

nice! if you made a 74u with a dragonfly on it that would make my day:D that glove looks sweet

I assume looking like the one in your avatar? Shouldn't be too hard, I'll be working on the AKu next, I can always just replace the emblem I'll add for the dragonfly.

In a related note, I should mention that I haven't tested yet if you can switch the original file in the programming for a different one. Until I do, I will tentativly say that these skins will only work with demos. So unless you like watching demos, don't ask for a skin just yet.

Anyways, First attempt at the m40 to see how everything would look. I'll be redoing the sides and the butt, as they don't look that good to me. I'm more than satisfied with the barrel though. I haven't worked on the scope yet, as it's a completely different file.

m40-Prototype.jpg

Malo these are really cool.

Does PB automatically kick when you load them up?

I tried this once a while ago before I was in FA, I made my gun yellow and it said Duckie, but PB kicked me out of the server...

Malo these are really cool.

Does PB automatically kick when you load them up?

I tried this once a while ago before I was in FA, I made my gun yellow and it said Duckie, but PB kicked me out of the server...

I haven't checked yet, though I'll be finding out today. So far I've just taken ss of these in devmaps running a mod.

Also M40 Version 1.0. I'll be looking over the side again, it's hard to get it looking nice.

M40V1.jpg

Edit: Checked, it'll only work with a mod. Pity, though understandable. Making the Barett neon green would make it kinda easy to spot the guy,

Also, Mobby, this is the tutorial I followed to do it: http://www.tek-9.org/articles/CoD4_Skinning_Tutorial-314/Skinning_tutorial-1.html