Idea for a smartphone App

Ol Smoke

An app that would show where state or local police are hanging out on the hiways.

I am thinking that you have this app on your phone, and when you see a cop setting up a speed trap on the side of the hiway,

you input the nearest mile marker.  Then when you are driving you can see the red dots on the road map that have been posted

by other app users.

Ah maybe not.  Jackasses out there would ruin it by putting in fake ones.  Or even the cops themselves.

Bad idea.  But maybe someone can run with it and make a better idea.

the idea is great, but in the Netherlands it is often mentioned on radio programs so people can listen while driving instead of looking on their phone :)

Mobile applications such as Njection and Trapsterprovide mobile information to drivers on speed traps and traffic conditions. These applications rely on users to keep the databases current.[25] In addition to mobile applications that might be considered evasion centric, there are other similar mobile applications that are classified as Intelligent speed adaptation technologies that are considered to compliance centric and in Australia both National and State Road Safety Strategies encourage the adoption of such technologies.

• Administrators

There is an app called Waze that does that in real time, plus its a GPS app. https://www.waze.com/ . I had an idea for a cooking app and was gonna develop it when I saw a guy on TV that beat me to it. That was the last time I procrastinated on an idea,