Logitech G500S - Scrolling button

daredevil

I'm, depends how define super smooth? Smooth move or feeling? I'm happy with it, and there is customizing sw for it (windows). There is button to select it to "klick" when scrolling or smooth one.

Masa_1964

• Like 1

I use a G500s and a G9x.

I just compared the scrolling on both, and I can feel on the G500s that the plastic tab inside that stops the wheel in small increments is larger than on the G9x, making it feel more crisp.

I have my scroll set to 3 lines at a time and it feels fine. When I click the button for unlimited fast scroll, it also scrolls quite smooth.

Are you having a problem with yours?

• Like 1

Anyone using G500s here? Is the scrolling button super smooth? 

Yes dear Daredevil. As a Jedi I know perfectly your mind lol and you think this logitech 500 S has the same defect as the logitech 500 but absolutely not .The scrolling button on the logitech 500 S don t move from right on left as the Logitech 500 and don t jump. Yes the scrolling button on the Logitech 500 S is stable, smooth and disengageable. The scrolling button on the Logitech 500 S is perfectly smooth and can not be compared to the logitech 500 which has this defect not be stable and smooth with the scrolling button. 

Edited by Prince*Jedi

Yes dear Daredevil. As a Jedi I know perfectly your mind lol and you think this logithech 500 S has the same defect as the logitech 500 but absolutely not .The scrolling button on the logitech 500 S don t move from right on left as the Logitech 500 and don t jump. Yes the scrolling button on the Logitech 500 S is stable,smooth and disengageable. The scrolling button on the Logitech S 500 is perfectly smooth and can not be compared to the logitech 500 which has this defect.

The wheel on the G500s DOES move left and right.

The wheel on the G500s DOES move left and right.

Well Anti, The wheel on the G500s DOES move left and right but not as the G500 wobbles which was not a sign of good quality and to answer correctly to DD : Yes the scrolling button on the G 500 S is totally smooth wich wasn t the case on the G 500. Now I hope it is clear . The G 500 S don t have the defect of the Logitech 500 and im pretty sure that why DD ask about the scrolling button wich is Smooth on the G 500 S and wasn t smooth on the G 500 with other defects. Defects offset by the G 500 S, and I think that's why precisely this G 500 S replaced the logitech 500 and these defects. 

• Administrators

I'm, depends how define super smooth? Smooth move or feeling? I'm happy with it, and there is customizing sw for it (windows). There is button to select it to "klick" when scrolling or smooth one.

Masa_1964

U are my hero :) Figured that button!

I was asking because while playing it kept rolling and i have assigned 2 things to it.. One when it move upwards and one when it move downwards..  That button which kicks in click did the job!! 

Miss my G5 though. Best mouse and best design!!

Dare! come on! Genius admin but couldnt figure that button out? ;) <3 You'll like the g500 more. Give it time. You get an extra side button and you can bind the mouse wheel side clicks to stuff. I have the scroll wheel left click bound to med packs bc im such a med whore :)

• Administrators

Dare! come on! Genius admin but couldnt figure that button out? ;)

G5 had the nice buttons... smooth on left side this one's are rough and edgy! 

Where do you set no acceleration? Setpoint seems different for this mouse compare to old G5. 

G5 had the nice buttons... smooth on left side this one's are rough and edgy! 

Where do you set no acceleration? Setpoint seems different for this mouse compare to old G5.

I have Logitech Setpoint II Installed, but all configurations for both mice are now done through Logitech Gaming Software. (The software also supports many old mice if you still have them, and will allow you to select the different mice at the bottom of the menu screen, even if both are plugged in at the same time, like mine are)

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/g500s-laser-gaming-mouse?osid=14&bit=64

Click downloads tab. Upgrade firmware while you're here.

Next download and install the Gaming software if you don't have it already.

Version of Gaming Software I have is 8.50.281

At the home screen it will show you a picture of your awesome new mouse.

If you just click at the bottom- the mouse icon with the microchip next to it, it shows you POINTER SETTINGS and you can adjust DPI and polling rate.

Go back to home. Look at top right. You see Mouse/Microchip Icon, and you see PC/Settings Icon. Click (single click to highlight) the PC/Settings Icon, it says Automatic Game detection. Now at the bottom, Click the Settings/Pointer icon. This opens up Pointer settings again, but this time allows you to change advanced settings, including Acceleration.

i just picked up the G500 tonight trying to get use to it ill let you know how i like it. i was using a track ball mouse for years liked it but i think it will help my gaming.