FPS question

illusion

So i have a really really nice laptop that i got back in december, and i'm kinda thinkin that my FPS isn't where it should be. I can easily clear 76 inside buildings, but i cant get anywhere above 40-50 with people in the same area or anywhere outside while shooting at people. I'm just wondering if this is normal for my computer, or if i needa tweek some settings. Specs below:

64 bit windows 7

2.2 ghz core 2 duo

2mb of l2 cache

4 gb of ddr ram

320 hdd

If you need anymore specs to make a good guess, just ask :)

It would help if you told us what game it is.

Also you left out like, the most important thing - The graphics card :D If it's integrated, don't expect any more than that FPS in *any* game.

The game is W:ET as I can figure out. You could try lowering graphic settings to see if FPS improves, but from personal experience it affects little. I can also get 70-76 fps in buildings, but when I get outside it drops to 40 even 20-30 (I'm using medium to high graphic settings). I've heard people running over 200+ stable FPS. Just for comparison my PC is 3.2 GHz with hyperthreading, 1GB of RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX5200, WIn7 32 bit. Also use fullscreen cause I've noticed windowed gives about 10-20 fps less with same settings. FPS is also greatly affected by number of people on the server. Offtopic: I also noticed that FPS affects my ping (or vice versa?), the lower the FPS the greater the ping.

If it's ET processor plays a huge part in FPS, 2.2GHz C2D is not a powerful processor at all, but like I say, if you have an integrated graphics card that will make it even worse.

Ping is not related to FPS in any way, if you have a high ping, gameplay will be affected, giving the illusion that FPS is lower.

As with ping.. Amount of players on a server does not directly affect it either, unless the server's crap and cannot handle the strain (thus increasing ping and see above..). If alot of players are in one area than entity count will increase thus lowering FPS, but essentially that's a rare occurance.

As with ping.. Amount of players on a server does not directly affect it either, unless the server's crap and cannot handle the strain (thus increasing ping and see above..). If alot of players are in one area than entity count will increase thus lowering FPS, but essentially that's a rare occurance.

Well mostly is like, more ppl more lag, as i noticed that like many times, if theres like 50+ ppl game is not playable at all for me, with huge lags and like 20 fps max. When there's like 30-35 ppl, i can play normal without any huge drops of fps :D

Alright thanks everyonee, guess im stuck with this FPS because my graphics card is integrated :(

Welcome to my world :P

But i easily get 76 all around except when 2-3 laggers shoot by me :/

. I've heard people running over 200+ stable FPS. Just for comparison my PC is 3.2 GHz with hyperthreading, 1GB of RAM, Nvidia Geforce FX5200, WIn7 32 bit. Also use fullscreen cause I've noticed windowed gives about 10-20 fps less with same settings. FPS is also greatly affected by number of people on the server. Offtopic: I also noticed that FPS affects my ping (or vice versa?), the lower the FPS the greater the ping.

I can get constant 333 on a 3.1ghz i7 and GTX 285