New PC soon

BAMA

As my current computer is on it's death bed , i am thinking about getting me a new machine. After hours of looking at gaming pc's(and not knowing what the hell everything is) , i have found the one i'm thinking of getting. It's a Digital Storm Vanquish level 3. The level 4 is good but i do not care for liquid cooling and i think i like the intel 5 quad. The only game i play is E.T. and i know very high graphics card will not affect this much , i was told. Any input will be much appreciated. And also , if there are any computer builders here , i would be more than glad to pay you for similar build. I'm looking to spend a $1,000 - $1,400. Thanks

Hm seems like a decent PC if it has good case and HDD of WD Black series. You can ask what specific parts it does have and google for reviews. I´d also throw an SSD in 64-128GB starting from 450MB write and read speeds.

Made a quick list and didn´t get any cheaper considering it has Win7 included. Alos I won´t go for Win8.1 as its too bugged atm. Some updates even rendered Win8.1 totally unbootable.

The dude I got this machine from had some older stock and put it in this for me.

Thermaltake Chaser case

Gigabyte 990 FX3 mobo

Fx 8350 8 core overclocked to 4.92 Ghz

Ultra 1050 PSU

16 GB Kingston ram

2 Gigabyte HD 7950 Crossfire GPU

H100 liquid cooler

Kingston SSD

I do not know much about computers but I was told it will handle anything I do. I did play BF4 at settings all the way up and it was smooth as glass. I was told that the pc was overkill for Enemy Territory but I can tell a BIG change in resolution.

Must say guyz. . .  GAMEING COMPUTERS ARE FREAKIN AWSOME!!!!  That being said if u just playing wolfenstein go for bottom line basic pc like i have.  It runs wolfenstein great (90fps) and boots in like 15secs,  and u will have 700$ left! :D

I was going to buy another low end pc(this is the second pc i ever owned) but i thought i would go bigger cause you never know when a badasser game will come to life and i will just have to play it so i can say i did,,lol,lol

I'm pretty sure that computer is junk. You should just pass it along to Vanaraud. B)

j/k of course. That's a pretty nice rig you have there. Just a word to the wise though. If you decide to monkey around with the Kingston SSD, be careful. The last 2 I bought the plastic SATA connector broke off inside the end of the cable. Hopefully it was just a bad batch, but heads up if you decide to pull the cable out for any reason. Do so VERY carefully. It was a great drive when it was working though. You must be stoked.

I'm pretty sure that computer is junk. You should just pass it along to Vanaraud. B)

j/k of course. That's a pretty nice rig you have there. Just a word to the wise though. If you decide to monkey around with the Kingston SSD, be careful. The last 2 I bought the plastic SATA connector broke off inside the end of the cable. Hopefully it was just a bad batch, but heads up if you decide to pull the cable out for any reason. Do so VERY carefully. It was a great drive when it was working though. You must be stoked.

I will be careful with it , thanks for the info , and yes , very stoked to have this machine.

And for Vanaraud , if I get notice of 6 months to live I'll put you in my will , lol , since you are the first to ask , lol

I started playing ET 2008 and has been the only game I really played due to the little pc and it's the best thing I ever played. Since the new pc I have seen a new world for gaming lol. I have tried the battlefield 4 and there is a lot more to that so I think I stick with ET. T hanks for responses on post.