Laptop keyboard not functioning properly

Quovadis

So I have this laptop http://www8.hp.com/fr/fr/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=5330569#!tab=features

which I got about 2-3 weeks ago.

Last day , when I closed it , it installed Win 8 last update.

When I opened it back , it stayed froze on HP logo.

Had to close/open it a few times until finally HP automatic repair launched.

It used a backup to restore the PC and I had to install the updates again.

Now the laptop do lauches but I have another problem.

The keyboard is not writing anything.

The thing is that function keys works perfectly ( brigthness control , volume and audio controlers , wireless control etc ).

And any key do awake laptop from sleeping mode.

Any ideas ?

A good place to start would be your keyboard drivers, you can check if they are up to date, if they are, uninstall/reinstall them. You will first need to open your onscreen keyboard.

1. Click the Start menu, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click On-Screen Keyboard to open On-Screen Keyboard.

2. To return to your document, place your cursor where you want to begin.

3. To close On-Screen Keyboard, click Close.

Now that that's open, use that to search for "device manager" on your computer, and open it up. Inside there, you will find your keyboard drivers, right click them and click update, hopefully that works. If not, uninstall them and do a reboot of your computer. Tell me if this helps at all - at the very least we can narrow down what the issue is.

Until you get it working correctly, or you absolutly need to use your laptop, use a USB keyboard.

The keyboard socket on my laptops motherboard is not working properly, so a USB keyboard works fine.

Did a few test .. Keyboard not even working in bios menu . Im bringing that crap back to the shop... For the second time.

The backlight of the screen failed me the day afte my purchase . Changed it for a brand new one and now the keyboard fails me.

WP , Hp

At least its only 3 week old , I can still return it.

Not getting another HP obviously.

• Like 1

HPs have always sucked IMO.. Even moreso than Dell.. Sony or Samsung would be my first choice.. Even Asus is better than HP >_<

• Like 1