Player Profile

Chameleon

Question

Okay so I found my player profile I had saved before my HDD crashed, but every time I copy it over and start COD it says stats have been reset.. Is there something else I should be doing to get my old stats back? I thought just copying this folder back over would fix it all, but not so much.. Any help would/is appreciated..  I know everyone is missing me running around with 2 nade launchers :D

Also will changing my player profile change my guid? If I get this fixed do I need to switch that also?

Edited by Ph0eniX

7 answers to this question

Hey bud,

I can't remember exactly how to do that, but I helped a guy a while back by telling him of this post on Youtube about how to do that.  Maybe you can find it.

I think I looked up  COD4 profile replacement.  I know that there is another file you have to remove in your profile.  The mpdata file.

What I did was renamed the mpdata file to mpdata_old.  Then you have to rename the config.cfg file to config.old

The mp and sp config files have to be the same.  So rename them or move them to another directory you make.

Then you bring in the backup config_mp.cfg and restart the game.  You will need to make sure that the file is not "read only".

First, reset all your personal settings and then exit the game again.  This will save everything and rewrite the mpdata file.

Then retry starting the game.

When guys try to save their settings, they forget some of these other files.  They all work together.

Here is the website you need:

https://www.google.com/#q=cod4+profile+restore

Edited by Ol' Smoke
  • Like 1

Okay so I found my player profile I had saved before my HDD crashed, but every time I copy it over and start COD it says stats have been reset.. Is there something else I should be doing to get my old stats back? I thought just copying this folder back over would fix it all, but not so much.. Any help would/is appreciated..  I know everyone is missing me running around with 2 nade launchers :D

Also will changing my player profile change my guid? If I get this fixed do I need to switch that also?

To the last Question, no it won't change your GUID, and it shouldn't do.

• Like 1

If you use steam it may have changed your key code... it did to me so i saved my first one in a .txt file so i can re enter it when ever i have a problem.

I still have my key, just every time I tried to use my old profile it would reset my stats, which sucks cause my old profile I had saved, everything was unlocked.. So I really wanna get this profile back in there lol...

Well with what Smoke was saying, it reminded me of a topic I had made about CD Key issues  http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/47892-cd-key-in-use-error-fix/  after doing this, I reloaded the game and was back with all my levels and junk! Woohoo!!  Thanks Smoke/Wolf/Cobvious!!