Minecraft Anyone up for Tekkit if I give it a shot for a couple of months?

FinZeroX

Hi all fellow Crafters!

I would like to query how many of you would be interested in playing Bukkit & Tekkit kind of server with machines and stuff? I really like some neat mods and could spare some euros to host a proper server for i.e. 2 months to try if we could get people on. It'd be by my funding for =F|A= if GI-JOE has nothing against it. But I'd rather not try if nobody really likes mods.

The planned schedule would be after I survive the matriculations examinations after a couple of weeks (in the end of this month), host might be EnviousCraft (haven't really taken a look at the current sortiment).

For reference, here's a old server of mine I used to administrate, please ignore the clan ad stuff etc. I might use that plugin/mod setup as a guideline on what I'm aiming for. Maybe not.

Edited by FinZeroX

its fun to do, but you should certainly have some rules on the quarry business, otherwise the entire map will be filled with gaping holes :D

Basicly the idea is on a beta stage; at the moment all I need is your opinion whether you want modded MC beside the pure survival. If I get green light on it, we can shape the packet together according to peoples' wishes

E. Rules will also be made. Mod diversity can happen.

Please indicate clearly If youre interested. Free discussion If you please

Edited by FinZeroX

I understand why people enjoy tekkit and such, but I find it to be so... over-complicated. It becomes a grind of collecting the same materials over and over just to build ONE machine. I honestly wouldn't play on a server, although others might.

How about some yogbox ?

Took a quick look, seems worth thinking. As said, it's up to you which mods will be run.

I understand why people enjoy tekkit and such, but I find it to be so... over-complicated. It becomes a grind of collecting the same materials over and over just to build ONE machine. I honestly wouldn't play on a server, although others might.

For starters, yes. Over time (2h to a few days) automation starts to pay off and give you more time and resources to express yourself.