Lenovo’s PC ‘Start menu’ may just be another form of bloatware

sincity

Lenovo Windows 8 Start Menu Criticism
If something sounds too good to be true, then that probably means it's bloatware. Ars Technica reports that Lenovo's new Start menu replacement for Windows 8 PCs probably won't deliver the traditional Start menu experience that many PC users have been looking for. Essentially, the third-party Start menu from SweetLabs that Lenovo is pre-loading onto its new PCs has an annoying habit of constantly prompting you to buy new apps that you probably don't want.

Continue reading...CFGs08g4Mow

View the full article

Oh great, because we all need more ads in Windows 8. :rolleyes: I don't mind the start screen much- sure it takes getting used to, but once it's customized and you find your way around, I think it's pretty good. And given that Lenovo has been putting backdoor chips in their computers, I'm not really surprised that they're doing this. What I do wonder is why things like this aren't illegal.