post-11518-0-91959800-1373275970_thumb.png

post-11518-0-40957900-1373275995_thumb.png

post-11518-0-66526400-1373276013_thumb.png

now to the actual problem!

only a update for ms 7501 I can not do because

amd  has this board   modified especially for medion

and I have often read that would destroy the normal ati drivers my board

I have found myself at medion only one driver., but having no renewals

under raid i becomes bluescreens ,ahci bluescreen too.

under ide runs and find the hard disk but make me than problem into windows 7 64 bit

after a while all processes slow down very much or freeze me :cry

windows 7 all updates there and windows is clean (
this trouble occurred after the installation) can everyone help me :rolleyes:

If you installed Windows in IDE mode and switch afterwards to RAID (which is useless with 1 drive) or AHCI in Bios it will bluescreen.

Can be avoided by a registry switch so Windows is loading the AHCI driver at the next boot.

-> http://www.heise.de/ct/hotline/SATA-AHCI-unter-Windows-7-937487.html

• Like 2

hi seti
yes I'll try it when my kids make a midday sleep

but remains a question

that the operating system is working so slow
and freezes later
it may have something to do with the bios settings(hard disk)
or windows 7 can not cope with any other hardware component (ram,cpu controll)?

It seems so as he would have failures only when it is heavily used

is fact:

it is recognized only by ide and running run until several pogramm and then is not at all more

ata must be run under raid too or not?when I plug in a second normal ide drive it recognizes only the normal ide under boot raid thats i cant understand i set ahci>ide combinate mode and he shows only the ide drive

any hardware component works with windows 7 not right together which only

I ask myself the agency is, the constant freeze at all to do with it?(BIOS settings of the hard disk)

it's just a feeling but I think a bios update might help

or am I so wrong

hi seti

yes I'll try it when my kids make a midday sleep

but remains a question

that the operating system is working so slow

and freezes later

it may have something to do with the bios settings(hard disk)

or windows 7 can not cope with any other hardware component (ram,cpu controll)?

It seems so as he would have failures only when it is heavily used

Can be anything, hard to tell.

is fact:

it is recognized only by ide and running run until several pogramm and then is not at all more

ata must be run under raid too or not?when I plug in a second normal ide drive it recognizes only the normal ide under boot raid thats i cant understand i set ahci>ide combinate mode and he shows only the ide drive

Maybe the RAID controller is only connected to the IDE(PATA)-ports, depends on the mainboard. Anyway If you don't need RAID or know what RAID exactly does you won't need it. Don't mess around with it, just disable it.

• Like 1

First try to get Windows to boot in AHCI mode, with only the SATA disk connected where Windows is installed. It's all described in the link I posted. If it works ok then, take the next step.

hey seti
now you should have earned a double + 1 :app:

it is now recognized also in the raid

whether it was the reason for the high burglar or not I can not say yet :lol2:

I'll check it first the next time and report it again here run better or not

greetings Play :bye_2:

I'm not sure it will help you but in case it might I found this:

RAID Support

 Supports integrated RAID 0, RAID 1, and 

RAID 10 (requires use of 4 or more SATA 

ports) functionalities across all 6 ports.

Note: AMD does not provide RAID drivers

for the SP5100.

AHCI Support

 AHCI mode using the memory space

 Supports AHCI hardware assist to support 

advanced features such as NCQ (Native 

Command Queuing), hot plug, and Device 

or Host initiated power Management (DIPM 

/HIPM) 

IDE Controller

 Single PATA channel support

 Supports PIO, Multi-word DMA, and Ultra 

DMA 33/66/100/133 modes.

 32x32-byte buffers each channel for 

buffering

 Swap bay support by tri-state IDE signals

 Integrated IDE series resistor

Edited by Ann!b@l

hello anni thx for you help @the moment i can only used knoppix my proplem now is i musst under knoppix make a bootable usb stick and i need the bios update as iso ive got @ the moment no chance to make it with other pc becouse i live on Village and knoppix freezed often after 5 minutes becouse board and ram works not right together yet when everone will help me download the right update .here in first post you can see the board change it to iso and upload it and tell me how i can make the usp stick ready for boot only with knoppix i Know is very many to do but is my last chance everyone a idea to make it easyer ;

That all sounds very confusing :crazy  A Bios is never a *.iso file, why do you want a iso??

How can you even boot knoppix if the bios is damaged? Tell us what you did and what is not working exactly...

fact is all freezed after a few minutes and nothing will boot the onest what runs is knoppix about cd becouse he loaded only into ram what i will do is i will make a bios update with usb stick but i need it so that runs the update when i boot about stick i was take a wrong vision before and now system freezed all times before i can load a system looks so as my board can not handel with ram more to many dada and he freezed

Edited by Play

Well, your bios is this one: http://www.medion.com/de/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=7151

Zipped upload here since you won't be able to run the .exe with knoppix: 7501.zip

No idea how you can make a bootable dos/windows usb-stick under linux, if possible at all. Maybe some linux nerd can help you here :) Any chance you have that "Medion Application & Support-Disk" described on the bios download page?

According the title and the beginning of the topic you got an issue with Sata mod, updated your Bios, and would like to change your OS windows for a Linux one.. Right?

-Searched if there was any restriction about Sata mod.. Seems that there's no driver to manage it in RAID.. So I would suggest you to keep it in AHCI who is I think the easiest way to run your HDD..

-Searched update for your Bios.. With the few infos provided found few and old on AMD, Medion and some drivers website providers..

-About Linux, like stated S3t, you don't need and .iso.. I never did it with Linux, but I guess it's not so different under Windows and you should be able to install it from a stick and is very easy.. But, If I'm not wrong you can't install a system under another one, or you will have to use a partition on your Disk...

Edited by Ann!b@l

Are you saying you can´t even access to BIOS and get CD booting? If you can access BIOS does it show HDDs? IF you cand access BIOS then it seems like a OS problem: you changed BIOS and messed up some drivers\MBR? If you can access HDD try to fix MBR with Ubuntu\other Linux liveCD? (there are good tutorials out there for Ubuntu)

I don´t know, seems fishy to fiddle with BIOS when you don´t know exactly what to do and without double BIOS. I´d try to repair OS first than to mess BIOS up for good.

Also I hope you have backups made from HDD.