‘Hands-free’ texting found to be more dangerous than making phone calls while driving

sincity

Connected Cars Risk Hands-Free
A study from the American Automobile Association (AAA) has found that using hands-free texting features is actually more dangerous for drivers than making handheld phone calls. The group notes that even while texting through systems such as Ford Sync and Toyota Entune, drivers were found to be more distracted than while listening to music, talking with a passenger and making a phone call. Drivers who used hands-free technology were found to have a slower reaction time and compromised brain functions, which could potentially result in drivers not seeing items right in front of them such as stop signs and pedestrians. As cars become smarter and more connected, the AAA is calling for the government to set limitations on "new and potentially dangerous mental distractions built into cars."

Continue reading...t324N3AyBMQ

View the full article

Yeh,,I also heard that hands free talk causes tunnel vision,,,where do they find these morons who give/take these tests,,,i want in. I can come up with a lot of things that we should or should not do. lol

Seems likely to me.. These things often misunderstand your words and can be frustrating.. And I dont think anyone is happy to speak without checking what the computer is writing as a result, so really you're going to be just as distracted by looking at that monstrous screen lol.

I don't really understand the problem with pulling over for 60 seconds to write + send a text.

When you are driving focus on driving. There's nothing more important on my phone when I am driving than driving, it can wait. 

My theory.